𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 9

✧┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈✧

Panting softly I stood before the office, about to put the key in.

"Clack." It fit. The pace of my heartbeat would quicken and I felt it pound against my chest unbelievably fast. I was scared of what was awaiting me in there. I opened the door and stepped inside.

There was a dim light in there, a candle was burning, the curtains were pulled shut. I held my breath, if there was a candle that must've meant that someone was here. Or perhaps he just simply forgot to blow it out.

I closed the door behind me and looked around, there was a huge cabinet containing tons of files. I took a closer look, none of them had really caught my eye, everything just looked normal. I stared at the desk, some papers were scattered around, one looking really interesting.

It was a letter, I grabbed it and noticed the handwriting of my father, yet due the dim light it was hard for me to read it. Sighing I put it down, I would read that later, my father was dead so there was no way it could actually be him.

"Wait a damn minute..!" I turned back to the cabinet and reached out for a blood red folder which contained a certain sign, the sign of an organisation that I despised to the core.

"What are you hiding?" It was time for me to get to know all of his dirty secrets, all those things he's been hiding from me. It all was in my hands now, the sigil of the fatui was imprinted on the front.

A little inscription below it, an elegant writing saying "Tartaglia". Then I remembered. My father... Tartaglia... It all made sense now, perhaps it was all planned.

Oh this fucker. As I was about to open it, a fist slammed against the cabinet smashing the glass door, I screeched and dropped the folder. The person behind me gripped my hair and pressed me against a wall violently. "Oh love just what have you done."

I noticed Ajax' voice, it was impossible, I didn't hear anyone enter the room, where did he suddenly come from? "Bad girl, I have to punish you."

Tears would form in my eyes as I started sobbing. "You are a liar!" I managed to get out of his tight grip and pushed him away from me creating some space between us.

Ajax, no, Tartaglia just laughed sickly and gripped my wrist. "Who are you really?" I hissed, my whole body getting tense and my temperature dropping. "I am Ajax. I am the Ajax you know, I'm just not a toy seller."

His eyes were beaming with anger, like a blue fire burning inside and hatred spread on his expression. "I've got a little surprise for you."

He pulled me close and threw me over his shoulder, I suddenly felt a sting to my wrist, then a burning heat flood through my veins. "What was that?!" I started writhing, kicking and throwing punches into the air, the man's hand collided with my ass causing me to wail in pain.

"Believe me or not, he deserves it, I know his plan!" He growled, I had no idea what he was talking about, but I began to feel dizzy as we left my teapot.

=====✧=====

"Just why...?"

=====✧=====