Chapter 15

✧┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈✧

I was woken up the next morning when someone opened the curtains and the sun shone directly in my face.

"...balladeer?" I yawned. "What are you doing here again?"

I rubbed my eyes and sat up. "I'm to look after you, orders from above," he said ", besides, you can call me Scaramouche."

I nodded and noticed a beautiful ball gown hanging on a stand in the corner of the room.

"That's for the ball in 5 days. You are expected to show up, as a courtesy to the Tsaritsa." He explained to me and I asked what would happen if I didn't go. "You have no choice." The young man said.

"I see... wait what happened to your eye?!" I just noticed that Scaramouche had a black eye. "Did Ajax do that?" I jumped up and grabbed his face when I suddenly felt a slap in the face.

I held a burning cheek with tears in my eyes. "Don't you dare touch me without permission. It's none of your business anyway."

He cleared his throat, "You should eat something. Lunch is at 12, be on time." and then the balladeer left my room. I fell to the ground confused. That's what I call bipolarity.

Just for a moment I thought it wouldn't be that bad here, but if everyone's so unpredictable... god knows how long I'll survive.
Seconds later, the door opened again and as I turned around, a certain blonde came towards me. "What are you doing on the floor? Has this Fatui done something to you?"

Jian knelt in front of me and pulled me into his arms. I needed such a gentle, warm embrace. I felt my cheeks flush as he stroked my hair and he whispered encouragement as tears ran down my face. "You're alive!"

"They took great care of me." I wrapped my arms around him and buried my face in his neck. "I'm glad you're alright," I whispered. He smelled nice. I sighed and closed my eyes, enjoying the sweet scent of cinnamon.

"Have they brought you something to eat yet?" he asked softly. He was actually the only one here that has currently been so sweet to me, I enjoyed his presence.

I shook my head and smiled. "No, but the kitchen isn't far from here, but lunch is served in..." I looked at the gold-decorated clock on the wall, "one hour!"

"How do you know where the kitchen is?" Jian asked confused. I nervously smiled.

I got up off the floor and looked at the end of the bed where a dress was already laid out for me. Of course I had to get dressed up elegant... "Out now, I want to get dressed."

=====✧=====

"𝙿𝚛𝚊𝚢."

=====✧=====