𝙲𝚑𝚊𝚙𝚝𝚎𝚛 2

✧┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈┈✧

"Why did you even want to come with me?" He walked quietly beside me. "Ajax?" I tapped his shoulder and he winced slightly.

"Oh, I'm sorry, I was lost in thoughts." He stroked my hair and smiled and I looked at him a little offended. "Hm, you want to know why? I like to be with you!" He laughed.

"That's all? Why do you always want to be by my side?" Questioning I looked up at his sighing face whereupon he told me that he just wants to take care of me. Not long after we crossed a small bridge, something rustled in the bushes but when I wanted to take a look, my companion put his hand on my shoulder and smiled.

"Keep walking without me, I'll be right back." Raising a brow I would wait and see but something startled me from the other direction. Perhaps it was curio usury that made me walk there. When I turned around, Ajax was already gone. I turned right to a ruin as there was a Hilichurl camp on my left.

...

I swallowed. Was I wrong or was I just hearing the sound of a blade? I saw a huge shadow towering behind me so I slowly turned around.

I screeched with a fright and jumped to the side as a huge ruin hunter swung his blade arms. 'Where did that come from all of a sudden?!'

I formed some sharp icicles and aimed them at it's weak point but the machine was too fast and already attacked me again, drilling it's arms and moving in a rotating motion. I thought my time has come as the blade was only inches away from my chest, but then, the enemy fell to the ground, broken.

It looked like someone pierced it's weak point with an arrow and destroyed the chaos core. "Ajax?" I called out but received no answer at all, he probably wanted to play a game with me.

I thought that this might be useful for something, so I knelt down and fiddled the mechanism out of the machine.

"Did nobody tell you about the ruin hunter here?" A young man laughed.

"Jian!" turning my head, I looked up at my blonde friend. "I missed you!"

"I missed you too, Y/N." then his attention fell on my arm. "Oh, you are wounded, let me take care of that."

"Oh..." just now I realised the cut that was carved deeply into my right arm.

Pulling a bandage out of the little sachet that was hanging from his hips, he knelt down and reached for my arm as suddenly an arrow almost pierced his hand, causing him to snap it back and inhale sharply. "Woah!"

Childe walked towards us, his bow in his hands, deadly glare lingering on Jian.

I gulped.

"Yo man learn how to aim! The boar was like 10 meters further to our left!" Jian panted. Indeed, not far away from us was a boar that was now running away.

"Oh I did not aim for the boar..."

The color of the blonde's face drained, his eyes widened as our gazes fell down on his hand where a cutting would was leaking. He would've grabbed my hand and run away, but the ginger aimed another arrow at him as soon as he made the slightest movement towards me.

"Ajax!" I cried out as I jumped up rushing in front of the smaller male to protect my childhood friend, much to the tall's discontentment.

"You know him..?" Jian asked as he got up slowly.

"Would you be so nice and put your fucking bow down! What's gotten into you!?" I pounded my fists against his chest and huffed.

He sighed and chuckled. "Ah c'mon I was... just playing!" Walking past me he held out his hand for Jian to shake it. "Childe, the toyseller."

Only hesitantly he would reach out, blood dripping down to the floor. "Jian, the... best friend..."

=====✧=====

"𝚃𝚑𝚒𝚜 𝚠𝚒𝚕𝚕 𝚋𝚎 𝚒𝚗𝚝𝚎𝚛𝚎𝚜𝚝𝚒𝚗𝚐."

=====✧=====