Ch. 2 - Competitors' Arrivals

"Are you sure, your Highness? Any one of these men could win and you'd be stuck with him for life," one of your consultants of your father's council and your best friend, Eamon Cedar said to you while he waited beside you for the competitors to arrive. You would have usually called him by his forename, but formalities were held up when other people were around.

You were in a red and white dress to represent your kingdom. A silver tiara buried itself in your hair with matching jewelry around your neck and wrists.

"That's the point of the Tournament, Lord Eamon. Though my options are limited, I am doing what's best for my kingdom. Never doubt that."

"I do not, Princess. I am simply worried for you."

"Worry not, my friend. I have everything under control," you stated as a carriage rolled up to the front steps of your castle. It was gold and blue, the colors of the Kingdom of Asgard.

The two brothers, clad in magnificent Asgardian leather and capes to their specific liking, made their way up the stone stairway and to you. Each of the Princes bowed in front of you, their right hands on their chests. You curtsied back.

"I am pleased to have gotten the chance to be here, Princess Y/n," greeted the black-haired sibling. Prince Loki. He wore green and gold, with a long green cape and a crown that looked like tiny horns.

"And I am pleased you both have made it here safely. I do hope the journey wasn't too dreadful, I hear the trip from Evradia to Asgard is quite dangerous."

"Thieves, nothing more and nothing we couldn't handle, Princess," Prince Thor reassured. He wore red and silver, with a red cape and a silver crown that almost looked like wings.

"Thank goodness."

The princes were as similar as day was from night. Thor was a blond and muscular man, you heard great things about his many victorious battles. On the other hand, Loki had the hair of a raven and a leaner build. You heard of his silver tongue and mischievous nature.

Loki stepped forward. "Who else is to join in on this Tournament?"

He was trying to get a head start on the games, you saw right through his schemes.

"Everyone will arrive shortly I hope." Just as you said that, another carriage rolled up to the castle. So you hurriedly dismissed the two princes, "But until then, I must ask Lord Eamon Cedar if he could escort you both to the rooms you'll be staying in."

"Of course, your Highness."

They followed Eamon inside the castle and up the grand staircase, which eventually led to the many extra bedrooms.

This carriage was colored red, white, and blue with gold accents. The Sokovian flag waved in the air from the top. As soon as it stopped, servants from their kingdom began unloading.

You were met with silvery-white hair with dark roots as Prince Pietro stepped out of the carriage. A modest gold crown sat atop his head. His outfit was all blue, including the cape that went over only one shoulder.

Surprising you, another body stepped out behind him. A dark red silk dress with the same colored bodice and shoes. A tiara that matched her brother's accented her red hair.

Following after Prince Pietro was Princess Wanda of Sokovia. You hadn't seen her for several years.

You had to restrain from going and hugging her. You and her were very good friends when the Sokovians had to take refuge in your kingdom 3 years ago since the Kingdom of York accidentally attacked them instead of their real enemy. They still were holding a grudge against York for the mistake, believing it not to be accidental.