Ch. 5 - Courtships

Prince Loki and Prince Pietro were going to be spending the most time with you that day. Prince Anthony and Lord Erik would also be joining you and you were saving the rest of the competitors for the following day.

You sent for the Asgardian prince, and you waited near the gardens for him. You had your servants set up a nice breakfast picnic for the two of you in the gardens. You made sure that your time with each suitor was different, because each man was different.

"This was very kind of you to set up, y/n. I enjoyed our time together."

You asked him to call you by your first name. You felt it was more familiar than titles.

While Loki was elegant and formal, he didn't talk much with you about himself or yourself, mostly politics and what advantages he could give you if you were to wed. This topic of conversation was not the point of the breakfast, but you appreciated his efforts.

"I enjoyed it as well. You must know, for next time, that I wish to know you. Not your kingdom or what you can offer me. I want to get to know you."

He smirked. "Next time?"

You chuckled. "If you win the next game, there will be a next time."

"Which is?" he suggested, already knowing he wasn't getting anything out of you.

You playfully glared. "You are dismissed, Prince Loki."

He left, his green cape trailing behind him. You called for your servants to clean up the picnic and you left the same way he did.

You only had a couple of minutes to gather your bearings before another suitor, Prince Pietro, was going to be going on a long ride with you through the meadows and forests close to the castle.

You met him in the royal stables, where your horses were already tacked up and waiting. You pet yours until the Sokovian Prince showed, empathizing with the animal for what it will go through in two days' time.

"Princeza y/n! I was told I would find you here," a thick Sokovian voice shouted.

"Please, we are of the same status and we are courting now, I insist you call me by my name and not my title."

"Very well... y/n."

"Thank you, Pietro."

He helped you mount your horse, and he got on his by himself to begin your ride.

It was so freeing. The cool wind on your face, blowing your hair back as you canter through a flower-filled meadow. Pietro looked as though he was enjoying his time away from castles and nobility as well.

"You're going too fast!" you called as he sped in front of you on his horse.

He yelled back, "I like speed!"

You eventually tied your horses' reigns on a tree and laid down in the meadow, watching the fluffy clouds drift by.

"You're so divine."

You moved your head to see Pietro already looking at you, his head resting on his arm. You smiled and looked away shyly, the compliment came out of nowhere.

"I mean it. I've admired you ever since your father allowed us to take refuge here."

You turned back to him, a visible blush covering your cheeks. You didn't say anything as he propped himself up on his elbow, hovering over you. His uniquely-colored hair fell over his face and his blue eyes looked just as vibrant as the sky in the background.

He took your hand and kissed it. "I promise to try my very best to win this Tournament. For you, not the title."

Your eyes widened at his words. You whispered, "Pietro..."