Ch. 14 - Consummation

Ever since you and Steve acted on each others' lust, you found yourself unable to get those impure thoughts out of your head. Your mind drifted off during council meetings and as you did mediocre tasks, thinking of the way he pleasured you and how you brought him to feel that way as well.

The way he practically worshiped your body that night made you impossibly more enamored by him. His usual bold and dominating demeanor stayed with him in the bedroom whilst he pleasured you. He was nothing but generous and grateful towards you as you gave him a part of your innocence. In your eyes, he was perfection.

And you wished to be nowhere else than where you were now, getting dressed in the stark white gown you would walk down the aisle in. It was stitched and beaded to your exact vision, and fitted to compliment your figure. The train was 40 feet long to symbolize the 40 decades your bloodline has been in power. The silver, diamond-encrusted crown had been worn by several generations of women in your family for their weddings.

When your hair and makeup were done, you were placed outside the doors of your kingdom's most magnificent cathedral, waiting for the cue to go inside. Guards were placed at every side and corner of the place due to the tendency of the bride to get kidnapped, especially with displays of wealth such as a royal wedding.

Eamon came up from behind you, offering you his arm to take. He was dressed in his best uniform with his usually messy curls tamed and neat for the occasion.

"Are you ready, y/n?"

You took his forearm. "More than, Eamon."

The music started inside and the cathedral doors swung open. Eamon pulled you along down the aisle by your arm and you made sure not to step on your long dress. You couldn't stop smiling so your cheeks hurt.

You spotted Steve, your soon-to-be husband, at the end of the aisle, standing there in all his glory. He was wearing his nicest uniform, with all of his awards, medals, ropes, badges, ribbons, and decorations on his chest. There were so many, you couldn't possibly count them all.

Bucky stood beside Steve as his Best Man, with Sam and a few other men that you didn't recognize. You chose Natasha to be your Maid of Honor, so she was standing at the end next to Wanda and your ladies' maids.

When you got ¾ of the way down the aisle, you spotted tears streaming down Steve's handsome face. You could feel yourself about to cry, but you held the tears in so as not to ruin your makeup.

Eamon handed you off to Steve, the spiritual passing of ownership over the bride from one man to her husband.

"Take care of her, Captain Rogers."

Steve quietly sucked in a breath, taking your hands in his. "I will."

~~~~~~~

The reception wasn't anything special, it was mostly for the public's entertainment and since the wedding was an excuse for tons of leaders and representatives to get together, it gave them a chance to mingle and talk politics.

As the future king, Steve was dragged away and had to talk to a large group of men for the majority of the reception. You glanced over at him more than necessary and noticed that he'd been getting along fine with the leaders and statesmen. You even saw him sharing a laugh with Eamon once.

Prince Brock attended the ceremony with a distasteful look on his face, but you paid no mind to him. You celebrated your marriage and completing yet another milestone in being the last of the royal family in Evradia. A large part of your duty to the throne was done now that you were wed to a worthy man.

It was very late at night when the reception was over, and most of the guests had already left. You and Steve bid the rest goodbye before being escorted to separate rooms for preparation.