Ch. 9 - My Heart

You rushed to the hospital wing right after you announced that the third game was over and the crowd went home, wanting to see how James was fairing after getting his entire left arm cut off by Brock.

There was a physician just closing the door as you approached, Eamon chasing after you. You stopped the physician saying, "Tell me how he is."

He bowed his head. "Your Highness."

"Tell me how he is!"

The man flinched, and you felt a little bad. You just yelled at him when he was simply trying to heal James.

"He is alright, Your Highness. I have wrapped his shoulder properly, and with the materials that hopefully can come in from Wakanda, his kingdom could construct him a new arm."

"Is that even possible?" Eamon asked.

The physician clutched his bag of medical supplies closer to his body. "With the way York is innovating things, yes. A letter must be sent to both kingdoms."

"Very well. Is Sir James awake? May we see him?"

"Yes, he's awake and well."

Not caring about rudeness, you pushed past the physician, thanking him as you did. You barged into the door and locked eyes with James, who was sitting upright with his shoulder wrapped tightly in pure white cloth.

"James. How are you feeling?"

His steel-blue eyes pierced into yours, widening when he realized that it was you.

He gave you a side-smile and shrugged the one shoulder that wasn't bandaged. "I'm alright, for getting my arm cut off."

"It must hurt," you sympathized.

"Oh, like hell. I can handle it though, being a knight and all," he jokingly bragged.

"I'm so glad you're alright," you practically sighed in relief. Eamon came into the room and laid his hand on your shoulder.

James merely glanced at Eamon before returning his gaze to you. "Who won the other round?"

"Captain Steven won against Lord Erik."

"So him and Prince Brock will be competing, hm?"

"Yes." You paused, not wanting to think about that. "I will send a letter to York and to Wakanda to see if we can create a prosthetic arm for you. Our alliances are strong, it should not be a problem. For now, you can stay in Evradia and heal."

"Thank you, Princess y/n.

~~~~~~~

You were in your study, finalizing the trade deal with the Wakandans for the materials for James' new arm. Although all of the competitors were told that they could get seriously hurt, you felt it was your responsibility to pay for the damages done on your kingdom's grounds.

A knock came at your door and you sighed, not expecting nor wanting any interruptions. Reluctantly, you said, "Come in."

You let out a breath of relief when you realized it was just Eamon.

"Princess."

You set down your writing utensil and gave him a pointed look.

He rolled his eyes. "Y/n."

Your face changed into a smile as you began to write again. "Better. Yes, Eamon?"

He shook his head, his jaw ticking. "The council is requesting your presence."

Your eyebrows knitted together. "Whatever for?"

"I was instructed not to say."

"Well, you're no fun," you said while standing and moving around your desk to stand in front of your friend. "Does it have anything to do with the competitors?"