Ch. 15 - Rest of Our Lives

Steve's coronation went smoothly. The citizens of Evradia were eager to accept him as their King and that made you incredibly happy to know that he didn't have society against him. The council was less eager at first, but they warmed up to him pretty quickly because of his military history, strong charisma, and the fact that trade between Evradia and York improved significantly because of his connections.

Everything was admittedly much easier with Steve ruling at your side. People listened to him more than they listened to you, but that wasn't inherently a problem because he always made sure you agreed with him on everything even when he didn't have to.

Bucky had proposed to Lady Natasha and they were expecting a baby girl soon. Eamon delivered exciting news that he was to be married to the Lady that he danced with at the ball before the last game of the Tournament. Unfortunately, she was required to stay in her homeland and so Eamon moved to York to live with her. You would miss him greatly, but you were glad he was happy.

A year later, a child was gifted to the kingdom, a baby boy who was destined to become the next ruler of Evradia. The neighboring kingdoms celebrated the birth of the Evradian Prince, even Hydra sent a genuine gift.

Peace ensued throughout the entirety of your reign, no wars were fought between the central kingdoms. You ruled as fair and just and the small conflicts that turned up every now and then were settled quickly. On the rare occasion, they were solved with what Steve liked to call, "aggressive negotiations".

Throughout it all, your love for Steve never died out and neither did his love for you. You being known as the precious heart of the kingdom evolved to Evradia being the heart of all of the central kingdoms. By winning your Tournament, he truly did win over the Hand of the Heart.

~~~~~~~

The End!