Chapter 24: The missing Ran

Ran's POV:-

Oww... My head hurts... W-wait...! Where on Earth am I?!

I looked around the place where I was, well, trying to see it at least.

The room was all dark, not a single light was in here that may allow me to see anything.

I thought maybe I was just dreaming in an imaginary world of my mind but soon was proved to be wrong.

The feeling of ropes tied to my whole body and tape on my mouth took my realization, trying to remember what happened to me to be on such a statement, I remember rushing to a hospital because of Hattori-kun's call... Because of Shinichi...

I now understand why I'm here, the one who shot Shinichi probably wanted to kill him but failed so he kidnapped me to get Shinichi here so that... so that he...

...Will be able to kill him...

... Shinichi... Don't come...

...please...

Shinichi's POV:-

Oh my GOD!! Can they stop asking the same question over and over?!! GOSH!!!

Youkiko: You remember me?! And everything?!!

Sonoko: Really?!! Then do you remember how you met me and Ran, right?!

Kazuha: Ya remember Ran-chan, rig-

Shinichi: I TOLD YOU ALL I REMEMBER EVERY-SINGLE-PERSON OF YOU WITH EVERYTHING I HAD EXPERIENCED IN MY WHOLE LIFE SINCE BIRTH SO WHY ARE YOU STILL ASKING?!!!

I lost it and shouted with the top of my voice making them back off with awkward faces.

Shinichi: Making me want to forget everything again...

Hattori: Hey... Not that far, that nee-chan was waitin' for ya ta regain your memory and ya say that?

Shinichi: Talking about Ran... Where is she?

Sonoko: Can it be that she got lost on her way to the hospital?

Shinichi: I think that's like her...

Kazuha: I'm gonna call 'er.

Ran... I wonder if she's only lost...

I was just sitting on the hospital bed between them all when I noticed my father didn't talk to me since I woke up, he only looked at me in deep thoughts, wondering what was wrong with him I called him after he lowered his head a little but received no answer...

Yup... That's more like him when he's deep in his thoughts...

I called once more in a higher tone but still... I snapped out at that moment...

Shinichi: O-to-SAAAN!!

This time I got his attention... Finally!

Yousako: W-What's wrong, Shinichi?

Shinichi: Isn't this my word? You're silent since I woke up, you didn't even check on me, you just gave me those weird looks, what's going on with you?

Yousako: *Sigh*  Shinichi... Since you remember everything, on the day of the accident, did you see the truck driver's face?

Silence fell in the room and everyone turned to stare at me, still silent.

I was about to say yes when I noticed something made me stiffen.

Shinichi: No, I didn't. Anyways, whose phone is that?

I asked while pointing at the table which everyone answered that their phones are either in their pockets or their bags and that they have never seen that phone before, I felt shocked as to whom maybe this phone, I asked Hattori to hand it to me, which he did...

To my horror, the phone was connected to another phone call, I knew immediately whose phone it this, in place of canceling the phone, I turned on the volume of the call and talked to that bastard.

Shinichi: What is this supposed to mean... Whiskey?

Whiskey: You knew me... You are really Heisi no Sherlock Holmes, aren't you?

Shinichi: You didn't answer me...

Everyone is shocked, no wonder since it's him, except for occhan and Kisaki-sensei and who were denied from knowing the truth, Haibara is trembling already.

Whiskey: You mean about the phone? You must be wondering why I left it in such a realizable place when I can use a spying device that you won't realize, am I right?

Shinichi: ...

Whiskey: Well, I wanted to talk to you, and see what will you do about this nightmare... And I'd like to tell you two things, which will make you for sure interested.

Shinichi: What are you talking about?

Whiskey: Interested, huh? Well, we were responsible for your memory loss, that day you were out of the surgery after the accident took place, we had you given a drug which was created to remove the memory of the person eating it, and the bullet we shot you with some hours ago was to get you to a hospital where we can inject the antidote, crazy right?

Shinichi: You... You moron! So I was just an experiment for you?!!

Whiskey: You can say that. Ah! Before I forget, your girlfriend is in my grip.

Shinichi: WHAT?!

Whiskey: Believe it or not, she is.

Shinichi: You better not lay a hand on her!

Whiskey: Are you afraid about her safety that much?  Can't be helped, well here is the deal, I will give you three days to come for her before I do it and feed her either Aptx 9864, the one we gave you to forget everything, or Aptx 4869, and I will keep up with you through this phone, so shall we get this game started? Haideuui cheos beonjjae jigu, guleum wiui jung-ang-gabs 55wa 0, I'll be waiting there for you. *Cancel*

*Tot*

*Tot*

*Tot*

*Tot*

*Tot*

Shinichi: WAS THAT EVEN A HINT?!! 

How am I supposed to understand that?! Good thing I did record this call, but what was that language?!

What should I do?

Ran...

[To Be Continued]

YOOOOO! Long time no see! I missed you all, and about the long absence, it was because of the mid-term exams which are finished! YAYYY!!

I'll be writing more until the second term starts and I will slow down in updates but don't worry as this story is about to end, well, see ya in the next chapter!