I'M SORRY I CAN'T

"Miranda!", Ben walked over to Miranda and wrapped his arms around her as they drove off and she didn't allow herself to break and pushed Ben away and walked inside. "Miranda wait, don't push me away. Not now, we'll get her back! I promise."

"How Benjamin?! He just came and took her right out of my arms. No telling what else he can do. Don't promise me stuff that we both know you can't do", she yelled. "He just took her right out of my arms. Her little nails are still printed in my arms from desperately trying to hold onto to me and I'm the one who let her go! I let her go when she told me to hold onto to her and don't let go and I did", Miranda cried.

Ben tried to hold Miranda, but she pushed him away. "Just stop. It's over!"

"What's over Miranda?"

"You, me....us. We're over Benjamin. There's no use of trying to pretend you want to be a family with just me. I know you only wanted us as a package because Nyla was replacing your daughter. And that's all she was too you and I was just some ass you could have", she said hurt knowing she crossed the line hurting Ben too.

"I know your hurting right now, but leave my daughter out of this and Nyla could never replace my baby girl and I was never trying to do that with her. I love Nyla for who she is, not for who you think I love her for. And let me guess you think everything I said to you and did for you was I lie. You think I just slept with you just because? I know people think most man don't have morals, but I do and I'm careful about who I give myself to."

"Yes Benjamin I do. We're in the middle of nowhere, snowed in and almost froze to death walking here. If I never get Nyla back then what, you go leave me?"

"Are you done?"

"Done with what?", she said aggressively.

"Making a fool of yourself by the things that you are saying right now!"

Miranda folded her arms. "I guess not!", he said walking off going towards the elevator. "Well when you are, I'll be upstairs."

Ben took the elevator up to the room and Miranda came a few minutes later to the room. She went in and walked into the bedroom seeing Ben propped up on the pillows against the headboard watching sports.

He watched as she just stood there at the doorway and got up walking over to her, but passed her going into the living room. "I'll sleep out here so we don't accidentally make love....oh I mean just have sex and you turn it into something weird like we made a mistake", Ben said annoyed.

Miranda blew out her breath annoyed. She turned around stopping him and pulled him into her placing her face into his upper arm. He gave in after a few seconds and placed his face into her hair smelling it. They stood there for awhile just trying to take in all of the emotions.

They both knew they were only just hurting and lashing out on each other, but getting passed the hurt to be strong for one another and Nyla was hard for them. Miranda and Ben had so much love for each other already that it was almost impossible for them to understand and contain it all without bumping heads.

She turned around more looking up to him as he turned and looked down to her. He unzipped her dress while reaching behind her, letting it fall to the floor and she stepped out of it.

Miranda undid his pants and took off his shirt. As the walked to the bed, he pulled the covers back letting her get in first then he got in behind spooning her placing his face deeply into her neck. "I love you Miranda Bailey and Nyla. I will help fight for her and us", he said before kissing her neck.

Ben was still awake as Miranda had drifted off to sleep first and before he fell asleep he placed her final gift on her left ring finger and fell asleep hoping things were going to be better tomorrow.