Mystery Doctor

It was the next day and Miranda had just got to work. "Miranda are we going to talk about it?", Callie said coming into the lounge.

"For what? There's nothing to talk about Callie, you saw the damn test."

"We can get it redone here."

"FOR WHAT TORRES! I DIDN'T EVEN WANT TO BE PREGNANT ANYWAY!"

"Yes you did because if you didn't you wouldn't be reacting how you are right now. Those could be false negatives."

"I said it doesn't matter. I got my period this morning anyway, so let it go TORRES DAMN!", Miranda said annoyed walking out to go get her morning coffee.

"Dr. Bailey, my office", Webber said coming up to her.

She exhaled hard sipping her coffee as she followed.

"What's going on Bailey? Robbins called TOD and you kept going for 10 minutes."

"She had a chance-..."

"Dr. Bailey you and I both know that it was a very low chance that she could even survive when she came into the O.R. You suggested machines that wouldn't benefit her, but caused her family more heartache and bills. Bailey you know better. Do you need to go back on sabbatical?"

"I'm fine", she said getting up and walking out.

"What's going on?", Miranda asked a nurse as everyone was standing around the TV watching Ben's interview.

"You're the mystery love Doctor!", the nurse said.

"The who?", Miranda said making her way through the crowd. Miranda caught the last part of her name go across the screen at the bottom. "Benjamin Warren chokes up on confessing his love for Dr. Miranda Bailey!", Miranda read as it came back across again and everyone looked at her. 

She grabbed the remote and cut the TV off, "Everyone back to work there's nothing to see here! THERE ARE LIVES TO SAVE!", she yelled and they all awed.

When they left Miranda rushed to the lounge to cut on the TV turning it to the news. She gasped when the first thing she saw was a little girl jumping from a moving car. "Oh my God she jumped!", was all you heard from the TV and then the video was cut as the girl rolled on the concrete. "The little girl has been identified as Nyla Lewis by a Benjamin Warren who had saw the video. He believes that is her father's car that she jumped from. The child or the person driving the car has not been found yet and we are hoping for Nyla's safety. Take a look at this interview of Benjamin Warren talking about this little girl and the mystery Doctor Miranda Bailey who you can clearly tell he's head over hills for."

Miranda watched the whole interview and cried looking for it on another station to watch it again.

Callie walked in, but didn't say anything because she figured Miranda was still annoyed with her about the test. She turned around and got up from the table when she heard Miranda kept turning the channels. Callie looked up at the TV then back to Miranda seeing her crying. She placed her hands on Miranda's taking the remote control from her. "Is that Nyla and Benjamin?"

Miranda just looked at her and Callie already knew. "Call in Miranda!"

"I can't. I abandoned the both of them, how will they ever forgive me? Especially Nyla."

"You won't know until you call."

"It's over Torres, I can't face them now. I gave up on the both of them. The woman he's talking about in that interview doesn't exist", Miranda said sadly and walked out and headed to surgery. 

Later on that night Miranda couldn't sleep, she tossed and turned all night thinking about Ben and Nyla. So she decided to get up and watch some TV. As she flipped through the channels until she finally found a horror movie and just watched it until she fell asleep.