The Betrayal

Authors POV

Sersi ran back into the room where everyone was, looking panicked, "What about the Uni-mind?"

"I haven't figured out a way to connect us but I'm close, very, very close." Phastos said looking at his work.

"How much longer?" Sersi asked.

"I don't know Sersi!" Phastos yelled frustrated, then walked over to Makkari and handed her a tracker, "Find where the emergences is." He ordered and she nodded, taking off with her super speed, almost knocking Phastos over with it.

Ikaris walked into the room with his suit on, (Y/N) soon joined Phastos by his side and tired to help, "We're really close." Phastos let the leader know as he walked in.

(Y/N) looked over to Ikaris and watched how his eyes heated up yellow, "Phastos look out!" (Y/N) shouted, quickly pushing her friend back with air out of the way as (Y/N) got hit with Ikaris eyes instead, making the girl fly back.

"(Y/N)!" Druig yelled running over to his girl hurt, while everyone stood up alarmed.

"Boss! What are you doing?" King questioned, slightly angry at the fact (Y/N), his sister getting hurt.

"I've let this gone on for long enough." Ikaris said, almost instantly regretting firing his power at (Y/N).

"Stop! Don't hurt them!" Sersi ran over to help up Phastos then helped up (Y/N) with Druig and Sprite, "He lied to us, you already knew about the emergences."

"No he didn't." Kingo tried defining it.

Ikaris eyed Sersi, "Ajak told me everything after Babylon."

"What?" Kingo was in disbelief.

"You were never gonna let us stop the emergences." Phastos said once he understood what was happening.

"No, I only wanted to protect you from the deviants." Ikaris straightforward told them.

"If Ajak wanted you to take her place, why did she chose me?" Sersi questioned, still not understanding why this happened. Ikaris kept quiet and just stared at Sersi, the woman's eyes getting teary when she pieced it together, "What have you done?"

"You killed her." (Y/N) gasped, her eyes getting watery as well.

"I had to." Ikaris tried defending his actions to Sersi and (Y/N) when he looked at her teary eyes, his own becoming teary now.

The room once again was getting tenser as time went by and all (Y/N) felt was pain and anger, lucky for her that Druig was holding onto her or otherwise she would unleash her powers against Ikaris.

Suddenly Makkari zoomed into the lab, smiling and telling everyone were the emergence was taking place.

"Makkari!" (Y/N) warned her best friend when Ikaris was getting ready to fire at her, Kingo reacted and jumped in front of Makkari, taking the hit instead, "Run Makkari go!" The woman didn't question her best friends words and took off.

(Y/N) went to help Kingo up by the arm, as Ikaris approached the two.

"Kingo." The so called leader started.

Kingo pushed (Y/N) behind him, standing protectively in front, firing up his power on his fingers, "You do not hurt your family! Gilgamesh died because of you."

"You won't be able to beat me." Ikaris spoke to everyone, "And I'll kill every one of you if I have too."

Druig glared at Ikaris as he started to leave, "Wait!" Sprite spoke up, "I'm going with you."