7

Edited 7/8/22
Edited 9/30/22

Sally POV

I feel the tingling. They're here. My soulmates.

"Rose? I changed my mind. I can't do this." I quickly tell her before turning and walking out the door. Well, almost walked out the door. Before I could cross the threshold, Rose grabbed my wrist and tugged me back in.

"I feel my soulmates, so you are not leaving me. I assume you felt yours too?" She states while looking around the room. "Is that Dr. Banner?"

"What?" I turn to where she is looking and my heart flutters and breaks at what I see.

Bruce is standing chest to chest with a beautiful red haired girl at a bar. Maybe he has another soulmate? Yeah, yeah that has to be it.

"I think she is my soulmate." Rose whispers while staring wide eyed at the red haired beauty.

Okay, so she isn't Bruce's soulmate. Or Bruce isn't my soulmate. This is confusing.

"He is not though." She continues. She then turns to me and says "I'm gonna kill him if he doesn't back away from her."

"Yeah, so you go do that and I'm gonna get drinks from the other bar." I tell her and quickly run off to the other side of the room. About ten minutes later, I look over to where Bruce was and see him talking to Captain America while Rose is cuddling up to the red head and the bow and arrow guy. Great. I keep scratching at my soul mark hoping the tingling (which is now burning) will go away.

"Well hello beautiful." I turn and see Tony Stark standing next to me with a glass of whiskey in his hand.

"Hi."

"What are you doing here all by yourself?" He asks, then takes a long sip of his drink.

"Well, my friend met her soulmates so..." I nod toward Rose. He looks over and his eyes widen in shock.

"I wasn't expecting Nat and Bird Brain to find their other half. What's she like?" He questions; still looking over at them.

"She's amazing. She's smart, little insane sometimes, funny, and a great fighter." I reply with a small smile.

"She'll fit right in here."

"Yeah, she would." I mumble while rubbing harder at my soul mark. It just won't stop burning.

"Careful, if you rub any harder you won't have a soul mark left." He jokes.

"Sorry, it's been bothering me ever since I arrived."

"I have my own experience with putting it off, and trust me it gets worse the longer you wait."

"You found your soulmate?" I ask shocked. He was flirting with me just a second ago.

"Yeah, he's over there talking to my science bro. That's why I'm over here. I have another soulmate, but he's no longer around." He says and clears his throat.

"I-I'm sorry." Great, you made the man cry Sally. Great job. I notice his breathing is getting heavier and he is clutching his chest. "Do you want me to get him?" I question. When I see him nod, I quickly run across the room to Steve Rogers. I see Rose raise her eyebrows at me because I am literally dashing across the room. My soul mark starts burning even more, but I ignore it.

"Mr. Rogers!" He turns toward me when I call his name. "Mr. Stark needs you. I think he is having a panic attack." I quickly say and point towards Tony. As soon as the words are out of my mouth, he runs, even faster than I did, over to his soulmate. I hear someone clear their throat behind me, so I turn around.

Bruce Banner.

Shit.

What if he doesn't want me? I'm nothing compared to him.

"Hi. I'm Bruce." He says and hold his hand out to shake mine.

"Sally." As soon as our hands touch, the burning stops.