10

Edited 7/11/22
Edited 9/30/22

Bruce POV

"What's your favorite color?" I ask Sally. About 5 minutes ago we moved over to the kitchen. I'm making Samosa for us to eat while we ask each other questions.

"Right now, I would probably say teal. What about you?"

"Green." I mumble before giving her a sheepish smile. She laughs before asking, "How old are you?"

"I'm 43. How old are you?"

"32. Your birthday is coming up right?"

"Yeah. It's December 18th. When's your birthday?"

"January 9th." She says and smiles at me.

I decide to take the conversation a little deeper. "What do you do for a living?"

She looks up at me with wide eyes. "I um...I'm a scientist of sorts." She looks down at her hands so I change the subject. "You have a slight accent. Where are you from if you don't mind me asking?"

She smiles again. "I was born in Bulgaria actually. However, my family moved to Germany when I was 6 before moving again when I was 13 to the Appalachian Mountains. I currently live in Denver though."

"Well...I was born in Ohio. I moved to New York when I was younger before moving to India when the Hulk started gaining more control. Natasha forced me to come back here for the fight against Loki. Against my will I might add."

"Hmmm, what made you get into science?" She asks.

"My father. You?"

"My father." She frowns before shaking her head and putting on a smile. "Two peas in a pod then." I chuckle in response.

{40 Minutes Later}

"Here you go, sweetheart." I sit the plate of Samosas in front of her and then I walk around to take the seat beside her. "I hope you like it."

She takes a bite and moans. "This is really good, Bruce. Where did you learn to make it?"

"When I lived in India, one of my first patients was this elderly woman who owned a restaurant there. She invited me over for dinner a few days later and introduced me to a variety of delicious foods . Samosas just happened to be one of my favorites. The day before Nat came, she gave me the recipe." I smile at the fond memories. I really do miss India, but New York is my home now.

"That's really sweet." She smiles and scoots the plate in between us. I smile back at her.

This is the start of something beautiful. It has to be.

 It has to be