17

Edited 8/16/22

Natasha POV

"Are you sure?" I whisper. I hope this is all some sick joke. My принцесса is Hydra? She has betrayed me, us.

How can we ever get past this?

I look over at Steve to see his reaction to what Clint said. Clint and I are heartbroken and betrayed, but Steve is beyond angry.

 Clint and I are heartbroken and betrayed, but Steve is beyond angry

"Jarvis? Lock down Clint and Natasha's floor. No one gets out."

"Of course Mr. Rogers. I have also notified Mr. Stark that there is a situation and he is to report down here immediately."

"Thank you, Jarvis." Steve replies.

"We can't just lock them up!" Clint marches over to Steve angrily.

"They work for Hydra, Clint. Hydra!" Steve clenches his jaw and stares Clint in the eye; challenging him.

"She's our soulmate, Steve! There has to be more to the story."

"He's right, Steve. What is they're like me? What if they were forced into this life. We can't rush this." I say, trying to reason with him.

"Fine." He huffs and sits down on the bench beside me.

"Hey. What's going on?" Tony walks in and plants a kiss on Steve's cheek.

Steve gets up and walks towards the door. "Let's go to the conference room. Jarvis, call the team and go tell them we have a meeting." He pauses and looks back at me. "Everyone but Bruce. We don't need a code green right now."

This will piss Bruce off even more.

{Skip To Meeting}

"I knew something was off with her!" Tony tosses his glasses off to the side.

Clint just explained, again, what he heard Rose say. We assume she was talking to Sally.

"Hey, guys. Why did Sally just text me that she isn't allowed to leave Roses floor?" Bruce walks in the conference room looking confused.

Everyone tenses up and looks at me for help. I get up and walk over to him. "Brucie. We have something to tell you."

"What?" He furrows his eyebrows and leans his head to the side.

I take a deep breath, grab his hand, and rub soothing circles on his palm. "Sally and Rose work for Hydra." I see his skin turning a little green. "Sun's getting real low. Sun's getting real low." I try and calm him down.

It works.

A little bit.

"How do you know that?" He breathes out, closing his eyes to try and remain in control.

"Clint overheard Rose and Sally talking earlier. Rose said "Hail Hydra". We don't have a lot of information yet. We're waiting on Fury to get down here before we tell him anything."

"Let her explain." He whispers desperately, his eyes search mine for any chance of persuading me.

"Bruce. I'm sorry, but we can't do that yet." Steve interrupts. Bruce turns to look at him and his eyes turn green.

Shit.

I start to try and calm him down but Hulk instantly throws me across the room.

"Mate. Innocent. Hulk save mate."

I look up just in time to see Hulk smash his way out of the room.

"Jarvis?" Tony starts to say something but Jarvis says, "Already on it sir."