Ruby

The ruby color stained her hands and shirt

The ruby color stained her hands and shirt. The tears fell on the limp body's face. She was shaking so much.

She didn't even know him.

She only knew his name.

Her eyes flickered back to the sword that was near.

She needed to kill him.

Soobin risked his life for this sword and so did her daughter. Her blood tainted that metal while the blood of another stained her clothes. Just how much more of this?

"Y/n?"

Y/n looked at Yoongi who was next to her, rubbing her back. He place his hand on her cheek with a worried look. His thumb caress her cheek while she stared at him.

"Hey, it's okay princess." His thumb wiped away her tears the longer she stared at him. Soobin's head was still on her lap while the rest of the group had tried to move his body away from her but she refused.

"B-but he—"

"I know. I know. But you need to let go my love. His body isn't safe here."

"B-but Yoongi—" Y/n whimpered.

Yoongi took this time to move her body to stand up while her hands reached out to Soobin. Yoongi wrapped an arm around her waist while she squirmed.

"Seonghwa! A body over here!" Yoongi shouted, this caused Y/n to squirm even more.

"W-wait! Don't take him away!" Y/n yelled. Yoongi only tighten his grip on her while giving her a apologetic look. Seonghwa walked over and looked down at Soobin. He looked peaceful, so peaceful as if he was sleeping.

"The blue rabbit. Jongho!" Seonghwa shouted over his shoulder. Y/n tried to push Yoongi away with a panic look.

"Wait!! P-please don't take him!" Y/n cried. Yoongi shut his eyes as she told them to stop. Jongho walked over, giving Y/n a sad glance before picking up his body.

"S-stop! Please! He's alive!"

"Y/n, calm down love." Yoongi hushed softly. Y/n turned to stare at him with tears blurring her vision.

"But he's alive! He's not dead!"

"Love, you know as well as I that he is not alive." Yoongi said gently. Y/n bit her lip as it trembled. The gash behind her back didn't matter to her nor the bruises or anything. The only thing she felt was the large heavy pain in her chest. Why couldn't she saved him? He's a mere boy. A boy who risked his life. Why does everyone keep dying for her?

Yoongi had lessen his hold on her when he felt her body grow limp in his arms. He rubbed her back while she blankly stared at the rubble. The shouting, the talking didn't reach her ears, just the loud sound of her heart. Not even the soothing sound of her lovers voice calmed her.