𝟬𝟭. 'tis the damn season

𝗖𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗢𝗻𝗲

there's an ache in you put there by the ache in me

put there by the ache in me.

          MIA'S EYES WANDERED over her body in the mirror, she looks different and she grows nervous that they'll know once she steps foot out of the house

MIA'S EYES WANDERED over her body in the mirror, she looks different and she grows nervous that they'll know once she steps foot out of the house. She curses at herself for not going shopping for looser, baggier, and longer clothes. Everything she owns displays so much skin.

Her hands trace over her prominent collar bones, they've always shown but she feels even more paranoid that they pop out more. Her hands move down a little as she gently brushes over the visible bones that stick out like a sore thumb.

Mia shakes her head, moving away from the mirror and back to her closet. She puts on black sheer tights under her black mini skirt and her flower shaped halter top not leaving enough time for her to change her mind. She refuses to change her style, that would really make people more curious than they already were.

This is her first party back from wherever they thought she was. She remembers her parents telling her that she'd be in London to everyone else and to not worry about anything else but getting better. To them that must have seemed like a sweet reassuring thing to say but it only angered Mia. Her parents never learned, their only solution to her so called problems was just burying it deep where no one could ever find it.

Her time there was the same from her last visit a while back, the doctor's looked disappointed with every appointment, the nurses were overbearing and the therapists didn't know anything. She was only there for two weeks, they knew she wasn't at the ideal weight they wanted her to be at but they had no say in keeping her there, it was all her parent's decisions and they wanted her home in time for school. They didn't need anyone asking questions.

So there Mia was, getting ready for a party signifying the end of the shitty year she had.

She sat on her phone hovering over the picture she had posted the night before, she was regretting it now. She seemed so nonchalant about the whole thing. She knew people would question why she had deactivated all her socials and gone away, maybe they would think something really outrageous but then they would realize it's Mia they're talking about. They would never guess it, as long as she kept it to herself.