Chapter 16: The Room

"Do you understand now why we don't go around doing fucking charity? Because of this. I don't know which world of happiness you think we live in, or maybe it was your life before you became one of us, but it's over now. This is the harsh reality. In our world, you can't trust any stranger, ever."

The boys headed towards the blood-splattered monitors as Beomgyu and Renjun went through all the security footage of today and the day of the incident, checking for any vampire in our group caught without their mask or anything similar.

The two quickly found all such footage and transferred them to a USB, then proceeded to corrupt the same footage.

"Go! GO! CHECK EVERYTHING AND IF YOU SEE ANY SURVIVORS, BRING THEM BACK HERE TO BE TREATED! GO, GO, GO!"

All the vampires jerked their heads towards the faint sound of a woman speaking in a commanding voice, with many more voices and footsteps following after the voice of the woman. The footsteps could be heard scattering in groups.

"Hurry up, we don't have time!"

Haechan stated impatiently, as Renjun and Beomgyu tried transferring the videos to the USB faster.

The footsteps were starting to reach closer and closer and closer with each and every second that passed by.

"Beomgyu COME ON"

"I CAN'T HURRY THIS PART, WE'LL HAVE TO WAIT"

Soobin said restlessly as Beomgyu replied. 

'MA'AM WE'RE PICKING UP SOUND IN THIS DIRECTION!'

"Shit shit shit, COME ON HURRY UP"

Renjun said getting impatient and anxious. The footsteps were getting dangerously close, the transferring still stuck at 79% transferring a bit faster by the second.

'It's coming from in here!'

"Fuck"

There were Investigators with weapons in their hands and heavy padding on their bodies as they aimed their weapons straight into the room, getting in position to fight, only to see.. an empty room with dead bodies and blood splattered all over the glitching CCTVs..

One of the Investigators took out a walkie-talkie and said something into it.

While the Investigators took a look around at the gruesome scene of the Security Room, the vampires had escaped the Central, already on their way to the base with the USB to all required footage. Dawon had picked up a bag on the way back as well, claiming it to be of significance.

As they all entered back into their base, they were greeted by the sight of Yoona and Hyejin waiting for them there.

"Here."

Renjun said, handing the USB to Hyejin, as she took a look at it and placed it in her pocket.

"Not bad. You can all go look around the base freely now since you had to go on a mission this soon already. Feel free to treat yourself, but do not try and forcefully enter any room or compartment that's been blocked or there will be severe consequences."