Chapter 17: Light My Cigarette

"With that being said, I have a feeling we're gonna have a huge mission soon.. I suggest you all prepare as much as you can, keep everything at the ready."

"What makes you say that, Hyejin"

Soobin asked while Jaemin cracked his knuckles.

"Follow me."

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

"Investigators, please tell us and civilians what's going to happen next. After the Central incident, everyone has been scared, any updates on what could be next?"

"We're really very sorry, but seeing our condition, that is right now, I really doubt we can do much. The attack was brutal, to say the least, and we lost many good people and Investigators in it. It will most definitely take us time to recover from the brutality we faced from those monsters but we want the civilians to know that though this moment may go down in history, the VCO's counterattack will go down in history forever."

A reporter asked as Choi replied, sitting painfully on the hospital bed with the several injuries caused. Another reporter then stood up to ask another question,

"What do you suggest the civilians do in this situation?"

"There's not much offense the civilians can do, as neither would they have proper weapons to fend themselves, nor the basic understanding of how cruel and brutal those vampires can get. In this case, their best chance at survival in case of a vampire attack would most definitely be defense."

Taehyun replied this time.

"And how do us civilians defend ourselves?"

Another reporter asked as Huening replied this time.

"The best we can give you is to be very aware and cautious. Even your most loved ones could be vampires in disguise, only waiting to strike you at the right moment."

The reporter sat back down as another reporter got up with the pen and notepad in hand,

"Do we just follow the guidelines given to us earlier? Is there any other way or chance that can be more beneficial?"

"We're afraid, as of right now, no. Our research team had been destroyed and slain as well during the attack, so we really can not provide more information but the one given earlier. We hope that the people understand our situation right now, and follow the guidelines provided in order to avoid any further casualties."

— — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — — 

The reporting session was over and another article was released. The scene changed from the hospital press conference to a huge room.

"This is fucking bad.."

Jaemin said as he sat upright on his bed. His roommate, Jisung, looked over,

"What's wrong?"

Jaemin didn't bother answering Jisung as he just hurriedly got out of bed, and ran to call an emergency meeting. Just when Jaemin was about to press the button to send a notification to everyone's phones for an emergency meeting, his hand was covered from the top, by another hand, trying to call the meeting.