Awakened

A bright light enveloped from the top of the tower. Our attention turned from ourselves to the top. That's where Ruby is fighting! I used my arms to block the harsh light that seemed to disappear as fast as it had appeared. 

"What the hell was that!" Vi yelled out, pushing her arms away from her face. Refocusing my vision I was able to see the wyvern seemingly frozen in place. The large Grimm seemed to be stuck, for a lack of a better word. 

"We should make sure everyone's been evacuated! Let's get a move on." Ryan was quick to pick up our attention. Lydia followed quickly behind the fannus, Vi trailing behind her. "You three go on! Ruby's up there, we don't know what that light was." 

"Then go dumbass, we'll catch up later!" Vi shouted, using her hands to magnify her voice. "Just don't go falling off of any big Grimm this time around! I won't be around to save your ass!" 

"Right!" I nodded, pointing my wrist at the side of the building. Each cast of Kalimity sent me propelling up the side of the building. Scaling it quickly, the top almost in view. 

Once nearing the balcony, the same black and red-haired person from before jumped off the side. She seemed to be in pain as she fled the scene, she looked over her shoulder locking eyes with me. "This isn't over!" 

My feet connected to the roofing, hastily I looked for the red-cloaked girl. Ruby was collapsed on the ground, her eyes shut. 

"Shit," I slid to my knees picking my head up gently while my fingers pressed to the side of her neck. Time went slow as I struggled to find the artery, but my breath reduced back to normal as I felt a soft pulse against my fingertips. Her body was cold, but she was breathing. 

The Wyvern Grimm still was unmoving. Its once vibrant red and black body was turned to a monotone grey. Did Ruby do this?  I snaked my hand under her legs and back, picking her up off the ground. 

"Samuel?" I turned to see Qrow standing on the edge. "Did you see the light too? What the hell happened?" 

"Yeah, I did." 

"Was it Ruby?" I asked unsure of what exactly just happened. Qrow came closer, not answering my question. "Is she alright?" 

"Uncouncouncous, but alive. That Grimm is unresponsive too, but I don't know how long it will last. What is going on Qrow, first the festival was interrupted, and now this?" I put together what I knew, informing Qrow to the best of my ability? "I'm glad she's okay, you should get her out of here." 

"I need to catch up with SLVR actually, you know the people who actually care to tell me what's going on." I took a few more steps closer to him, pushing Ruby into his chest. Once he was holding her, I walked towards the edge of the building. "Listen Kid I can't explain right now! I want to but it's not my choice!" 

"You know is anyone really ever given a choice. I've only been offered to do as they say or hate myself knowing I could have done more." I questioned, letting things off of my chest. "I can't do anything right now, but I can get her out of harm's way." 

"Do that then. Tell her I'm sorry." 

I jumped off the building, this time with a plan. I planted Kalamity into the sides of buildings propelling myself further and further. So much has happened in the last 48 hours, but one thing stood above them all. 

"Who the hell is she." I kept moving, needing to catch up quickly. I dropped from the high ground, Grimm rushing towards me at a high velocity. Well, let's see if you were right Ozpin. 

Outstreching my hand to the horde of Sabyr and Ursa, their footsteps were loud. Really loud. A metallic smell seemed to fill my nostrils, it was putrid and made me want to curl over. I could feel the slight breeze over my face as they grew closer towards me. 

"I guess the old man wasn't entirely lying," Everything felt more real. It was like I could sense what they were after. The Grimm weren't after me, they were attracted to the Wyvern. These creatures that are perceived as mindless have objectives. Sure I've been able to communicate with them, but my conversation with the wyvern gave me more of an understanding. 

"Go home," I whispered. Everything stopped. The footsteps fell silent, leaving a slight ringing in my ears from the lack of noise. But the Grimm started moving once more, but this time in the other direction. They were leaving, they were listening to me. 

"Holy shit they listened to me!" I shouted my eyes wide with shock as the large pack of Grimm just up and left. "That's new." 

How far could I control Grimm? Just what has Dad been keeping from me, what even am I? I think it's due time I pay my father a visit. Without wasting any more time I continued forward, moving down the path quickly.

"Hey look out Grimm is headed straight for us!" That was Lydia no doubt, I was getting closer. I kept running, hearing more and more. Where is everyone? "Hey they just ran past us, they didn't even notice us." 

I rounded another corner, I could hear the four of them clearly. But I still couldn't see them. Another corner, they weren't there. 

"Keep moving you two, now's not the time for bickering." That was Ryan and it seemed incredibly loud and I could hear the screeches of Grimm. 

Another corner, but this time I stopped. 

"Hey, Sam!" Vi turned over her shoulder and raised her hand at me. I clutched my ears her voice resonating throughout my head.  "Hey, are you alright?" 

I felt a hand on my shoulder as Vi got closer. Instinctively I pushed her away, quirking my head slightly. "Sorry, you're just really loud." 

"You don't look so good, Sam. Hey Ryan!" Her voice rang through my head, sounding like some kind of siren blaring directly into my ear. My vision became slightly blurry as everything seemed too slow. Why were the streetlights so bright? 

"Hey buddy, you okay?" Ryan's voice was a lot quieter than Vi's, but it still felt like he was screaming. "Everything is so loud." 

"Okay, up and over." He muttered to himself as he threw one of my arms over his shoulder. Lydia grabbed my other arm and did the same. "We need to get him back to, I don't know. Anywhere?" 

"Right, let's get moving."