Ink

"So what do you think?" Pyrrah asked, as she looked up towards the darkend sky. The sky was fading to night, the shattered moon on full display above us. "I feel like I was just hit by car, then run over by a train in I'm being honest."

"I want to help, I really do, its just that..." Her voice trailed off as she looked above. I spoke up and gave my input on the situation. "They are giving us a choice. Protect what we call morals, or not do anything, when we know we could have done something."

"They gave us a choice, no matter what we do it will be of our own Accord and judgment." Pyrrah sighed slowly as she placed her hand on her sword. "Is it really a choice? We're given the conditions, but we both know what we're going to do. It's no longer a choice a this point."

"I don't know what to call it, I need to think it out." She whispered her hand lingering over her spear. I nodded in agreement, my eyes scanning over the courtyard of Beacon Academy. "I'll see you around Sam."

"Yeah," I quickly put on a smile as she walked away. Once she was out of sight I let the smile slowly drop. I lingered outside a while longer, thinking over everything that had been thrown at me earlier in the day. I sighed and fished out my scroll from my jacket pocket. I looked through my contacts and my fingers loomed over Ryan's name. "He'll just question me."

My fingers moved from his name to the one above. I clicked into the contact and typed out a quick message.

You up?

I waited a few moments for a response. I looked up into the sky, the stars radiating a dim light above. Sometimes I wish I could just be like a star, carefree, and flying high in the sky. I was close to just forgetting about staying out, and just pocketing my scroll, however as I was about to do so the scroll lit up. I tapped in to see an new message from Red.

Is something wrong?

I know it's late, but do you want to go on a walk?

I'll be out of my room in a few, meet in the hallway?

I'm already in the courtyard, I can come up if you want.

No its okay! I'll be down in a few!

I smiled and pocketed my scroll, laughing lightly to myself at her antics. I waited a few moments before I heard the clattering of a familiar pair of boots coming towards me. I looked up and saw Ruby in her pajamas, but had her cape and boots on over herself. She smiled and waved when she saw me. "Sorry, I tried getting out without the girls questioning me."

"I was expecting to wait a bit, it is pretty late. I'm surprised you're still awake." I stood up, my five nine frame practicly looming over Ruby. "Just doing some studying, you know me play all day... Study at night."

"You're not a very good liar." I laughed, a smile creeping onto my face as she huffed in my direction. "Well, you're not very good at being nice!"

"I'm sorry Little Red, you're just too cute to not make mad." I argued and to my satisfaction she rolled her eyes and looked away from me, a slight blush on her face. "Anyway why are you up so late?"

"Doing some late night thinking." I shrugged and looked up towards the sky once more. Ruby looked at me and nodded slowly. "Me too, are you nervous about tommorow?"

"We don't even know who's fighting yet to be honest." I sheepishly rubbed the back of my head. I had left my team right after the fight, haven't even talked to them since. "Were sending Yang. So I guess I'm a little nervous that she might get hurt."