Vytal Festival

Samuel's POV

"What do you need Mr. Ovenshire?" A certain silver haired male spoke as I entered his office. "I have a bad feeling."

"Whatever do you mean?" Ozpin asked, his full attention going towards me. I grabbed the side of my head. "I tend to have really accurate hunches, and I've been going haywire for the past few weeks."

"I see," Ozpin trailed off, his face seemed as if he was in deep thought. I was going to speak again until Ozpin finally snapped out of his daze. "When did your headaches start? From the way you hold yourself it's easy to see you suffer from head pain."

"A few weeks ago, it's how I can tell about my hunches." I nodded, remembering the time I got a headache in the hallways. "Now that I think about it, I had my first hunch when the transfer students began to arrive."

"Sam you mustn't tell anyone of your suspicions or what I'm about to tell you. Do you understand?" Ozpin akaed and looked directly at me. I thought the proposition over and decided to nod along. "To be quite frank, I've also had my fair deal of suspecion. Why don't you stick around for a few more minutes."

"Okay." I frowned and went to sit in a chair. Withing minutes as Ozpin had said two familiarish people had walked in. Glynda and General Ironwood.

"Ozpin, nothing had happened as of late." Ironwood quickly said when his eyes landed on Ozpin. "Then why don't you remove your airships James? It's only going to panic the public."

"It's precaution Glynda." Ironwood held his composure under Glynda's glare. "Mr. Ovenshire,"

My eyes perked up and I looked over towards Ozpin. Glynda and Ironwood now also noticed my presence. "Would you mind filling in these two on your bad feelings."

"Sure," I nodded slowly and turned my head to face the others in the room. "For the past few weeks I've had a bad omen. What exactly? I am not sure, I just have a bad feeling that won't go away."

"Do you think?" Ironwood looked over to Ozpin who held a rather blank face. "It's uncertain, but all this seems to be adding up."

"We should cancel the Vytal Festival." Ironwood quickly proposed the idea and I shot up from my chair. "Why would we do that?!"

"To keep the public safe, you have no right to interfere with our plans." Ironwood defended himself quickly. My fist balled and I closed my eyes for a mere second. "Shutting down, or postponing the Festival will only cause people to panic more. Along with panic they will also have many questions about why the Atlas military is circling around Vale like some kind of Nevermore."

"He has a point." Glynda ran her hand down her face. "Ozpin?"

"We keep the festival going and show no signs of fear. If they could be attacking then we can't have the public worried about what could happen. The Vytal Festival is just what we need to keep the people focused on something else."

"So the festival is a distraction?" I asked with a quirked brow. What did they mean by saying we could be attacked? None of this makes any damn sense! "Precisely, if we keep them distracted then we have more time to try and find a solution."

"Wh-" I was cut off by my scroll ringing. I opened it and placed it by my ear.

"WHERE THE HELL ARE YOU!" I retracted the device away from my ears and I could still hear Viridian perfectly clear. It was almost as if she was in the room. "WE FIGHT IN FIVR MINUTES! GET YOUR ASS OVER HER!!"

"Oh shit, I'm coming!" I hung up the scroll and I picked up Kalamity from the wall. "Sorry to dip, but I've got my own battle to fight."

"Remember Sam, anything that has been said in this room is to not be discussed in any other place." I nodded and smiled slightly. "Got it, my mouth is sealed."

"I sure hope so." Glynda muttered, I stuck my tongue out and ran straight for the arena. I picked up the pace and basically dived into the arena. I was met by an pissed off Vi. Lydia smirked as she helped me off the ground. I stood behind Ryan and pointed at Vi. "Keep me away from that she devil!"

"You're on your own buddy, you're the one who pissed her off." Ryan laughed at the scene that is playing out in front of him. "But I'm to young to die Ryry!"

"Now you are definitely on your own for that dumb nickname." Ryan laughed as he pushed me ahead of him, I looked over at Vi with wide eyes.

"Calm down save your energy for the people we are supposed to be fighting against." Lydia rolled her eyes and placed her hand on Viridian's shoulder, whilst also pointing in the direction of the other team. I followed her finger and saw the team staring at us with confused faces.

"Watcha looking at!?" Vi shouted and I face palmed at her childish antics.

"Alright then! Now that both participating partied are in the arena we can assign the random terrain!" The announcer who I think was Professor Port called out. Two wheel like devoces spun in circles until one landed on the desert. "They have all open area, sucks to be them."

I hit Vi in the side with my elbow. I rolled my eyes as she shot a playful grin in my direction. The last wheel landed on the forest, I looked over at Lydia who held a confident smirk. "Check and mate."

"The battle between Team SLVR of Beacon and Team BRNZ of Atlas will being in," He all awaited the countdown and got into fighting positions. We can't lose this battle, everyone knows that silver is better than bronze.

"3," My stance widened as I unsheathed Kalamity and stood in between Ryan and Lydia. Viridian stood behind us and her staff was ready to go.

"2," I examined the other team, three females and one male. They seemed to be taking a very defensive stand. I assumed that at least two of them uses long range attacks while the other two are going to be the offensive people.

1," My fist tightened around the hilt of Kalamity as I propared to unleash a frontal attack on what I assumed was there defense.

"Begin!" I pushed out of my lunge and overed Vi and Lydia as they ran further into the forest behind us.

Let the metal fight!