Win For Beacon

Super short filler chapter, I apologize but I wanted to keep the next chapter separate from this one for reasons. Anyway enjoy.

Samuel's POV

"I can't believe that they shut down the arena for a few hours." Viridian complained as we headed back into the dorm room. "Like they may as well just cancel the whole ordeal of today!"

"Vi, cut it out." Ryan rolled his eyes. I tried behind slightly, thinking of where they had rushed the Haven students off to. It was in the direction of the staff only hallway, the one that was left unmanned a majority of the time. The one I told Ozpin and Ironwood about.

"Do you think Yang's okay?" Ryan asked, we made it back to the dorm room in record timing. The facility wanted to try and get some answers along with investigation at the arena. Therefore we all have been sent away for a few hours until the matches will continue. "She looked rough. Do you think she did it?"

"I don't know, she seemed pretty clueless about the entire situation." I was listening loosely to the conversation they were having, still more focused on my own thoughts. "What do you think Sam?"

"Dunno," I shrugged, thinking back to the arena and the green haired girl who seemed to have a big shift in affect. "I don't think Yang did. Mercury's teammate seemed to have something to do with the whole situation."

"Do we wanna go see them?" Vi asked, a smile creeping onto her face. "I can bring brownies!"

She held up a tray of chocolate brownies to which no one questioned. "I think that's a good idea."

"Let's go then." I nodded and followed my team out the door. In the hallway was Team JNPR, and RWBY, excluding Yang.

"How is she doing?" We heard Jaune asked as we approached shortly after. Blake shrugged and had a unreadable expression on her face. "She's doing the best she can."

"I heard Mercury and his team rushed back to Haven to be with his family. So, until they land, no one can really question him about what happened." Ruby smiled softly, her head hung lowly as she stared at the ground. That can't be true, I can still smell Mercury. His scent was purely metal and sweat, very potent and he was still in the city as far as I could tell. "If there's anything we can do, please don't hesitate to ask."

"Same goes for us." Ryan added onto Ren's statement with a smile on his face.

"All right then. If that's the case..." Ruby raised her head and looked between Pyrrah and I with a closed eye smile on her face. "Pyrrah, Sam."

"Hm?" We both hummed in response, curosu to know what Little Red wanted. "You guys be sure to win one for Beacon, okay?"

"It's what Yang would want." Weiss added as she noticed the tension Ruby was bearing, but she was trying hard to conceal her frustration. "I'll... do my best!"

"Same for me." I nodded in agreement with Pyrrah. But I could tell she was still thinking. Thinking of what had been asked of us not to long ago. "I'll be sure to watch tonight in case you're picked!"

"Sorry but, I think I've had enough fighting for one year." Blake laughed quietly to herself. I glanced away towards a window, seeing the sun in the sky and and people about. I don't think our fight is over quite so soon.

The three members of RWBY walk down the hall, and Jaune only closes the door when he sees us also walk towards the direction of our own dorm.

I decided to take a nap before the test of the finals were later. May as well feel my best when I go to fight.

I just hope nothing that isn't percpeted happens. Because honestly, I have no idea what the right thing to do right now is.