Forever Fall

Third Person POV

"Field trip!" A purple haired girl cried out as she jumped on her bed. Sam fell off of his bed from the sudden disturbance.

Lydia sent a flying vine Vi's way, which she skillfully dodged.

"C'mon guys! We have a field trip today, aren't you guys excited!" Vi continued to jump on her bed as the rest of team SLVR rolled out of bed.

"Vi it's too early for your antics." Ryan complained as he went towards the bathroom. San pushes himself off the floor and held his head. "I agree."

"Hmph, at least I have enthusiasm!" She cheered and crossed her arms at the same time. The team proceeded to get ready for the day, and eventually they boarded an airship to their destination.

Samuel's POV

I yawned as we reached our field trip destination, the Forever Fall. I watched as Vi and Lydia gawked at the forests vibrant colors.

"It's breathtakingly beautiful." Lydia smiled as she took in the different shades of autumn colors the trees had.

"Yes, students, the forest of Forever Fall is indeed beautiful. But we are not here to sight-see. Professor Peach has asked all of you to collect samples from the trees deep inside this forest, and I'm here to make sure none of you die while doing so." Professor Goodwitch help up a jar as to demonstrate. "Each of you is to gather one jar's worth of red sap. However, this forest is full of the creatures of Grimm, so be sure to stay by your teammates. We will rendezvous back here at 4 o'clock. Have fun!"

I watched as Cardin pulled Jaune away from his team. I wanted to intervene, but knew that Jaune had to overcome this himself.

"Hey come on Sam!" I looked towards Vi who was holding up her jar. "We're having a Co test this we who can get their jar full the fastest!"

"Alright!" I pumped my fist in the air and followed my team into the forest. I got to work on a tree, but I was being lifted off the ground. "Sorry but all is fair game when collecting sap!"

"This is cheating!" Ryan shouted as he tried getting sap while upside down. Vi let down her semblance and I was sent crashing into the dirt. I rubbed my face as I went back to collecting the tree sap. I was almost done when I heard Lydia shout. "Done!"

"That's not fair!" Vi shouted as we all saw Lydia between four trees that were all bent and had sap slowing pouring into her jar. "Neither was you trying to sabotage us."

"Touché." Vi smirked and capped off her jar that was now full. "Uh guys, how do you get the sap."

We all laughed as we saw Ryan trying to jam the opening of the jar into the tree. "I'm trying! Now can someone help?"

Lydia walked over and showed him how to use a tap to get the sap. Sticking the jar into the tree, as much as I hate to say it, doesn't work for collecting the sap.

"Now what? We have a few hours to kill until we have to rendezvous with Professor Goodwitch." Viridian noted as she leaned up against the tree, looking closely into her jar. "We could hunt Grimm."

"I like the way you think Ryan." Vi smirked as she pulled her staff off her back. I rolled my eyes and unfolded Kalamity. I saw Lydia slip the two daggers from her boots.

"Hey Ryan, now that I think about it, what's your weapon?" Lydia asked looked over to the black haired male. He shrugged and pulled out twin pistols. "They are pistols, and can be combined to fabricate a spear."

"Woah, totally awesome!" Vi gawked as we all looked at each other.

"This will be the first time we all fight together, as Team SLVR." I spoke, all eyes dragging to me. I smirked and slammed the dull end of my war axe into the ground. "Let's kick some Grimm ass."

"Let's pummel them!" Ryan shouted as we all roared further into the forest. We located a huge Ursa not too far away.

"Alright, Vi, you try and make that Ursa as heavy as possible. Ryan keep it distracted whilst Lydia and I come from above and take that things head off." I explained the plan, they all nodded and we rushed to our respective positions. I nodded to Lydia once the Ursa could no longer move.

Ryan was skillfully maneuvering around to keep the Ursa busy while shooting at it. The ground underneath began to shatter as I looked over to Vi, she was hitting her semblance's end.

"Now," i spoke to the black and green haired girl acsorss from me. We both jumped from the trees and came spiraling towards the Ursa below. Once we were close enough we sent out blades cleanly through the neck of the Ursa. When we both hit the ground, the remains scattered into dust and became lost in the air.

We all shared a high five and laughed at our victory. This was to one victory with hopefully far more to come.

"We got this Team SLVR!"

From the distance a booming roar could be heard. I looked over in the direction and noticed it's back where we came from.

"What do you guys say," I looked between my team with a smirk. "Wanna kick some more Grimm ass?"

"Hell yeah!" Ryan shouted and shot out a shell of a bullet from one of his guns. "Let's do this!"

I used Kalamity to grapple and when we got closer I gmcoukd hear the shrieks of people running away. I looked and noticed it was the rest of Cardin's team. I picked up my pace and was far ahead of my group at this point. I landed in a bush and in front of me was a clearing.

Pyrrah, Weiss, ans Ruby all approached me from behind. Weiss went to rush in, but I put my hand up.

"Wait." Pyrrah motioned to Weiss who raised a brow at her. I watched as Jaune maneuvered around the Ursa. He was doing a pretty decent job at knowing when to strike and defend. However so was the Ursa, it managed to send Jaune rolling across the ground.

Jaune pushed himself to his feet and ran back towards the Ursa. The Ursa had the advantage and Jaune's position was all wrong.

I twitched my fingers and activated my semblance, making the Ursa swing slightly lower. I noticed Jaune's weapons moving as well. I looked over to Pyrrah and nodded.

With one final swing, Jaune dodged the strike and took the Ursa's head cleanly off.

"Uhhh, what?" Was Ruby's reactions to Pyrrah's intervention. And once only added to the reaction. "How did you?"

"Well, Ruby has her speed, Weiss you have your glyphs, Sam had... Well I'm not sure. My Semblance is polarity." Pyrrah explained as she looked me over slightly. "Woah, you can control poles!"

"No, you dunce! It means she has control over magnetism!" Weiss corrected Ruby in a rather sharp tone. Ruby looked down slightly and smiled. "Magnets are cool too."

"Wait, where are you going?" I turned to see Pyrrah beginning to leave. "Yeah we got to tell Jaune what happened."

"We could or," I smiled and put my hand on Ruby's shoulder. I turned towards Pyrrah and allowed her to finish. "Or perhaps we could keep it our little secret?"

Pyrrah and Weiss started to walk forwards and I was about to when Ruby grabbed my wrist.

"What's up little Red?" I asked with a smirk, making sure Jaune wasn't looking at us. I saw a light blush over her face before she started to talk. "Do you want to go on a walk tonight?"

"Sure Ruby, say eight?" I asked and ruffled her hair. She pouted and crossed her arms. "See you then."

She rushed forwards using her semblance. I quirked a brow and started to walk. I was then reunited with my team who were all out of breath.

"We're ready-"

"to!"

"Fighy!"

I laughed as they were out of breath and panting heavily.

"Sorry guys the fights over."