Betrayal

Samuel's POV

The Nevermore screeches as it continues to weaken the force field that's keeping it from getting in. "Warning: Safety Barriers Failing."

"PYRRAH! YOU HAVE TO MOVE!" I looked up to see Jaune yelling towards the arena. I looked up to see if that the barrier above the arena was barley holding. It seems that the barrier could give way at any moment. "Pyrrha, please snap out of it!"

"Ruby can you get us there fast?" I asked, she quickly stood and grabbed a hold of my hand. Suddenly I was engulfed in roses as we were sent speeding towards the center of the field. The Nevermore completely breaks through the holographic barrier, and the force of it landing on the arena floor knocks back Jaune, Pyrrha, and the pieces of Penny. The Nevermore screeches and lunges towards Pyrrha.

"Ruby? Sam?" We both landed swiftly, I landed in a crouched position my hands outstretched towards the Nevermore. I glanced to my side to see Ruby standing with one of Penny's swords in both her hands. Ruby was filled with sheer determination as she turned to face the giant bird Grimm. "Leave her alone!"
The Nevermore rises up and circles around the arena before lunging back down. Ruby holds Penny's sword defensively. Suddenly, the Nevermore gets pinned down by a barrage of rocket lockers, and screeches out in pain before going unconscious.

"Well that was anti climatic." I sighed as the owners of the lockers came rushing into the arena. I looked over to see Pyrrah with teat stained eyes and her hands over her mouth. "I'm so sorry."

"Me too," Ruby tried to smile, but it was obvious to any person that it was forced. I placed my hand on Ruby's shoulder and looked towards Pyrrah. "It's not your fault Pyrrah."

"He's right you know." Jaune walked forward, with his sword and shield in hands. He also had Pyrrahs spear and shield in hand. "Whoever was on that microphone... they're the ones that did this. And we have to make sure they don't take anyone else."

Pyrrah looked Ata the three of us and took her gear from Jaune. The moment is cut short when we notice hippogriff-like Grimm land on top of the colosseum. They fly towards the group of students as Ren calls the Grimm species out by their formal name. "It's Griffins!"

"Anybody got a plan of attack?!" I belive Neptune shouted out as he backed up towards Sun. "Sun! I need your scroll!"

I took out my scroll and started putting in the code for my locker. Sun uses his tail to flick his Scroll to Ruby, who catches and uses it to summon her locker, which opens up revealing Crescent Rose inside. I managed to get a hold of Kalamity and swiftly brought out the battle axe. However, Ruby is stopped when a Griffon lands on her locker, and roars at her before being scared away at the sound of a gunshot.

"Students! I think it would be best for you to leave." Professor Port and Doctor Obleck revealed themselves, them both having their weapons aimed at the Grimm that was going for Ruby. "But we did a-!"

"Miss Rose! This day will surely go down in Remnant's history. I'd prefer it if my students could live to tell about it." Ruby nodded in understandment as she twirled crescent rose in her hands, revealing the scythe form. I slammed my axe into the ground and called out. "Let's go!"

As all the students leave, Ruby and get distracted by the flash of Velvet Scarlatina's camera. She stops to look at the photograph she took but is interrupted when her leader calls out to her. "Velvet!"

"Whoops, sorry, got to go." The Bunny Fanus smiled before waving and walking off towards Coco. I shrugged it off and continued running along with he rest of the group. We were exiting the arena with minimal Grimm attacks. We had crossed paths with General Ironwood. Ruby stepped forward, crescent rose held tightly in her hands. "What's going on?"

"Grimm are crawling all over the city. The White Fang's invaded Beacon, and to make matters worse, some... vagabond has seized one of my ships. Until we regain command, the skies are out of our control. So I'm..." Ironwood was cut off momentarily as a Grimm swooped down from the sky. Ironwood swiftly implants a bullet in its head before it vanishes to the ground. "Going to take it back."

Ironwood turns swiftly on his heel as he heads for his ship. However he stops when Jaune steps forward. "What should we do!?"

"You have two choices. Defend your Kingdom and your school... or save yourselves." Here we go again with the choices. He glanced back at us, his eyes narrowing as he saw Pyrrah and I. "No one will fault you if you leave."

As Ironwood leaves, the students look at each other and murmur before a certain monkey Faunus speaks up. I look down and let out a sigh. "I mean... Come on!"

"We can take a ship to Beacon!" Jaune yells as we all began cascading towards a vacant ship. We all pile in, it taking slight almost immediately.

"So what..." I zoned off as I looked out the door. Grimm were practically overtaking the city, I could do something. I can stop this. I watched as an attack went straight for the ship not to far from us, the one Ironwood was aboard. "Shit."

I filed Kalamity to my wrist, and aimed it for the slowing depleting ship. I head footsteps rushing towards me. The figure accidently hit me, and caused my aim to be off. My grappling hook came soaring out, wrapping around a lightpost where the ship had first come from.

"Ruby! Sam! Where are you going!" I could hear the sound of Sun and what I thought was Lydia shout out as we both landed smoothly on the ground. "Just keep going!"

I followed the silent Ruby as she ran back inside the arena. She made her way to where all the lockers had been left. She goes to one and immediately starts inputting numbers. "C'mon Sam we don't got all day! We gotta be super cool in action, and save the day!"

"Okay, whatever you say Little Red." I rolled my eyes and grabbed onto the locker, my other hand going around Ruby's waist. Within seconds the rocket locker took to the skies, and what felt like seconds we hand landed on the airship that had taken down Ironwood.

We landed with a thud, I scrambled to mg feet, Ruby following suit. "Now what?"

"I don't know, you're the one that came up with this pla-" I cut myself off as a Griffin came thrashing towards us. I stuck my hand out and and looked at the rather large Grimm.

"Stop." The Griffon seemed to understand and backed away slowly, but ultimately got turned to black particles by Crescent Rose. "Nice shot Ruby."

"But why did it back away from you? It's not like Grimm to just do that?" She asked me, but I think she was more asking herself. "I guess I'm just way to scary for even the Grimm."

"Pfft yo-" We both ended the banter as we heard the snap as if a picture was being taken. The girl with the black and pink hair was standing there with a smile on her face. She gave a subtly wave but then she literally shattered. Just what have we gotten ourselves into... Again.