Byegone Island

before we start, a few trigger warnings! 

this fanfic will include small bits of depression, parental issues and basically some childhood trauma. if you're uncomfortable with any of these subjects, it's best to not read this fanfic. the fanfic won't go super deep into it. but it will speak about it. anyways, with that said, enjoy this very long first chapter. please comment and vote. (mostly comment. please-)

____

Loud, bustling with cars and suffocating.

That's what living in the city was like for you. Too much people, too many noises and way too many toxic gas that have become a replacement to the clear and refreshing oxygen.

Even though you've lived in it your whole life. Survived it for god knows how long, you still hated living here. You'd think you'd get used to it by now. But the complete opposite was attacking you instead.

You were getting frustrated with living there in every second. The more days you stayed, the more you wanted to leave. And every time your mouse is only one click away from buying you an apartment on a small, peaceful town. The more you feared on what will happen if you have truly left your home.

What would you even do? Get a place and pray to god that it'll be enough for you and luckily enough they'd be needing a veterinarian? Could you even believe the online reviews about the neighborhood? Could you even-

"y/n?" the worried voice of your brother, Jason, snaps you out of your thoughts. "You doing ok there?"

You shook your head. "Nope. I feel like I'm about to die any second now." Jason chuckled at that. "Well, you're not the only one." he sighed.

He picks up the café menu and looks at it with boredom. Knowing that he'd order the same as usual anyway. Suddenly, his posture perked up a bit and his eyes brightened. "How did your interview go?"

With that, a deep frown settle on your face and your heart sank. Disappointment and shame coursed through your veins like a venom. "oh- uh..." you cleared your throat. "it...it didn't really work out."

A look of sympathy crossed through the elder brother's face. Already regretting the question, he tried to find anything that could cheer her up.

"Well, they just didn't realize how amazing you are." he huffed. "In fact, you are so amazing, they were blinded by the sight and didn't even think about it properly." the encouraging words made you reluctantly let out a snort. Jason grinned in victory. "Don't worry, tell you what, I bet they're gonna call you back in less than a week." he scans the menu again. "And to celebrate that bet-that is absolutely correct- I suggest we get you a triple-sprinkles-extra-brownies cake ice cream apocalypse. The cafe's most insane and sweetest dessert."

The troubling weight on your body seemed to be lifted up by that comfort. A smile replacing the depressing frown you had. "Well, good sir. If I may inquire." you brought out your most elegant-like voice. Which Jason snorted to. "If we're going to have the triple-sprinkles-extra-brownies cake ice cream apocalypse. We absolutely must also get the rainbow boom drink."

"It shall be done" Jason spoke with the same tone as yours. Soon enough you both couldn't take it anymore and laughed. Making the poor waitress and dear friend of yours Brianna, who was already used to your behavior, sigh and walk up to you two.

She clears her throat and you both immediately stiffen up having been caught red-handed. "You two are lucky I care about you two too much to kick you out." she glares at Jason. "Especially you, gummy worms."