The job of a Vet

Tw: mentions of blood and injury!

Marigold didn't expect the homemade remedies to work so well.

Snickers has been feeling better than ever. The swollen eye has healed completely overnight and for the past few days, she couldn't take the human vet out of her mind.

How could she? The girl was everything her pet shop needed at the moment! She's been trying to hire a vet for months now, asking from the smallest to biggest villages around the Island for vets. A few days ago, she made the Mayor order needed items such as medicines, equipment and etc. but since the payment costs a lot, the Mayor made a deal with her. "I'll buy them, but if you don't have a vet until next year, I'm selling them back to its company."

She found her hands shaking from stress. Sighing, she turns on her TV for a distraction. Only to find the news talking about the restaurant again. "The battle has gotten out of hand! The evil doctor himself, who promised to bring Chez Amy to its fullest potential, has turned against the owner and has started attacking! They're certainly in a pickle now!" the eagle snickers and muttered 'nailed it.'

"Pretty sure he said that joke before, right Snickers?" Marigold looks over to her pet dog, who was sitting comfortably at the chair beside her. He woofed and wagged his tail, in which she took as an agreement. Petting his head, she felt relieved about his healing eye. "That lady was really helpful, wasn't she?" she smiled. Soon, her smile faltered and she found herself troubled. "It's too bad that she already seems to have a job..." she puts a finger under her chin. "But if I offer a higher pay check...she'll certainly accept it...but I didn't see her at all today." She recalled. "Maybe she quit? Ugh, how am I going to find her now?" you didn't give her a location to your home, but told her to just come to the restaurant if the remedies didn't work. 'Was she fired?' she thought. 'No...actually, all the staff seemed to leave on the same day. Maybe she did quit!'

'Well...at least the village's small...I'm sure I'll find her soon.' The TV shows Sonic smashing a robot to smithereens with a power kick, but Marigold was far too in her own thoughts to really notice it. "....I think." She muttered.

----

Job-hunting. Something you were well acquainted with.

It's been merely a few hours since your talk with Amy, and upon Chez Amy closing down, it meant that you could start finding a job now.

Walking down the village on your own, the hand-drawn map in hand, you found it quite easy to learn the dirt roads and shortcuts around the place. Living in a big city has made this a piece of cake.

Amy's drawings on the map were on point, and her hand writing was extremely elegant. It made things a little bit hard to read, but it wasn't that troubling. Once you read it more the easier it gets to identify the letters. You clicked your tongue in concentration, getting a closer look at the map then the area around you.

Yep, this seems to be the place. So if that's the case, where in the world is that pet shop?! Looking around once more, you felt relieved by seeing the familiar sign. It was like the one Amy drew, but more detailed and big of course. Amy drew it in a sort of cute chibi form, and only drew the animals' heads, while the sign had drawn them with full body and all. The sign consisted of five animals. A monkey and grey bunny together, a squirrel alone and two cats beside each other. 'Cute.' You huffed a laugh.

The display outside the shop had all sorts of vegetables, fruits and bird seeds. Walking a bit closer, you noticed the little fence right around the corner, looking in, you see a bunch of rabbits hopping around and eating lettuce calmly. One of them seemed to notice you and hopped to get a closer look, curious to see who you were. You gave a gentle smile and reached your hand down, successfully petting the little cuties head, which they enjoyed immensely.