Friends

It's been a few days since the whole volcano fiasco. You decided that it would be best to take a break for a while and try to get to know the island better instead. That being said, you absolutely did none of that.

Instead, you resulted in sleeping for the longest hours of the day. At first it was out of exhaustion but now, it's purely due to your own boredom and concern. You didn't even know where to begin with. The village? You'd get lost on your way. The beach? Nothing interesting there. The forest? Too dangerous, supplies would be needed.

A tour to the village would be nice and insanely helpful. But you didn't want to bother the others again. Giving them request after request was even making you feel tired.

Since you've been staying here for some time, you decided to help Amy out with chores, in which she continuously rejected your help. You didn't really know why she refused, but hoped it was anything but her thinking you were useless. She wasn't one for talking, either. Whenever you did speak to her, she was rather formal with it. As if she was a staff working in a hotel. Conversations never revolved around her. And if they did, she'd quickly skip them and bring up something entirely different. There was this one time you asked what her hobbies were, and she countered back with what are yours. After you finished speaking, she left it at that. No answers from her and many answers from you. You didn't understand it, did she hate you? That question always bugged you.

Sitting down on the pink comfy couch, you starred at the mindless TV program and didn't move an inch. Too lazily entranced by it to do anything. A sudden click of a door made you turn your head around. You saw Amy, who puts a purse on her shoulders and clutches its strap. A tilted head and a rose brow later, you let your curiosity take the best of you, again. "Where are you gonna go?" it wasn't uncommon for Amy to leave from time to time. She frequently visits her friends or defeats villains, which meant a continuous schedule of leaving the house at least two times each day. You were really surprised by how busy she was. Heck, even though this daily job of hers is already taking up most of her time, she still has the energy to put on classes for others every weekend! Sometimes it was some therapeutic class and other times it was something related to artistic hobbies. Goodness, she has so much to do all the time...you wondered if you could ever handle such a lifestyle. Probably not.

"I think you mean," she smirks and hands you a paper. Looking at it, you felt shocked by seeing the hand-drawn map of the town. "Where are we going." She grins.

It seems like Amy has already read your mind from the start. Offering a tour of the whole village and a meal at a restaurant called Meh Burger, as amusing as that name was. "The quality of the food there is just meh." She shrugged, not noticing your chuckle at her words. 'At least they're honest' you thought. Rolling her eyes, she suddenly sighed. "The customer service is horrible though." She turned left as you followed. The path to the village was surprisingly not that hard to find. There were signs every thirty steps or more telling you which way to go next. The only thing you had to do is look around the beach for a while until you notice the first sign. You absolute clown, you could've easily done this by your own. You felt the urge to face-palm, but decided to merely scoff at your own behavior. After a few chit chats of the places she'd show you, you finally reached the village.

Eyes, eyes were all on you. And they all looked either shocked or horrified. One of them, a white and brown cat, looked at you with downright disgust and judgement. When you first came here, you thought they were the aliens. But it's clear now who truly is odd one out here. They probably considered you some weird fever dream. One that they'll forget quickly and will never see again. But no, it seemed like you'd be a part of the Island as well too. The cat and an old mouse seemed uneasy at that thought. The cat wanted to walk up to you, but was stopped by the furious glare of Amy and a weak grip from the grandmother on his shoulder. He grumbled and stayed put.