A call on lava

You couldn't sleep at all last night.

One reason was due to the uncomfortable feeling one feels in another person's house. It might be not much to notice at times but when you get to actually sleep there, it all sinks in.

The dark seemed unfamiliar and childishly scary to you. The bed, although cute with the pastel pink and white colors and a very comfy bounce to it, felt stiff. Your body stayed motionless. Afraid to break something by making even one move.

And the clock, that goddamn stupid clock. It won't stop ticking. The same tik tok tik tok rang for hours on end and edged you even further.

Should you get up? You didn't want to get up yet. It would look creepy and you don't know where you'd even go. Working on your phone to distract yourself was also a no. there was no internet so there wasn't really much you could distract yourself with anyway.

With nothing to do, your mind only ran through today instead. The most chaotic day of your life. So many questions, so little answers.

You could still feel your veins scream in gratitude for the gang. You already thanked Amy. So it was best to thank the others tomorrow when you have the time.

More thoughts kept coming. Plans for tomorrow, goals being set and mind daydreaming about the upcoming days. A few minutes pass and you're already bored and frustrated once again by the annoying clock.

The uncomfortable feeling came back and you realized how much it reminded you of sleepovers. An energetic day and little to no sleep. The person you had the most sleepovers with was him.

The first time you did, was your first sleepover ever. You felt excited and uncomfortable. Breathing heavily yet staying calm and moving too much. You both were sleeping on the ground in his gigantic living room. Your eyes were open and staring at the elegant carving on the ceiling.

You feel something move beside you. Making the blankets shift and turn and you notice the tuft of blonde hair. "Are you asleep yet?" he spoke in a whispery tone. Even though you both were too far away for others to hear you.

You turned around and looked at him. His brown eyes screamed excitement. His first friend in his own very first sleepover! It was too awesome to think it'd be real! You feel your worries wash away with that gleeful expression of his. You see him grin at your awake state. You couldn't help but grin back.

"no." you whisper back. You both giggled. Two six year olds who are staying up past their bed time, truly a rebel move in your eyes.

"You wanna play monopoly again?" he motions to the board game laying on the table. Still unorganized from your last match. The little hat and dog shining in the moonlight that creeped through the windows. "Heck yeah!" you both quietly laugh and get up. Leaving the thick warm blankets and rushing up to the table.

After that sleepover, staying at each other's house was common. His house, although unnaturally bigger than your own and more luxurious than you could ever think of, became a second home to you. And your cozy one seemed to be his safe place. He'd come to you and vent. Speak about his frustrations and problems and let you speak with him as well. No day was spent alone. Any day was brighten by each other's presence. You missed it. You missed being his friend. You missed having him as someone you could trust with anything rather than fear.

"With these bracelets, people will know that we're best friends!"

You scoff at that. Remembering the very horrid night that changed everything. Made the world you once knew shift into something unbelievably miserable.