The Game's Champtionship

"so you got injured?!" Jason gasped.

"yep." It's been about three days since Eggman's attack at the pet shop. After the whole ordeal, the place got crowded again and you were busy helping everyone out. Your body felt sore, yet your heart felt quite content. You were glad to finally show your veterinary skills and helping out all those adorable animals always felt nice.

A ringtone rose in Jason's room, taking a glance, Jacob immediately grumbled and declined it. "who was that?" you rose a brow. Jason suddenly tensed up and avoided your gaze, scratching his neck awkwardly. "No one! No one at all!" he stressed out a laugh.

There was only one person Jason would avoid talking about with you these days. Heart feeling heavy and a bitter frown evident on your face, you sighed. "was it Louis?"

Jason huffed, gulping down some guilt and nodding. "Y-yeah..it was him. He keeps calling me, I think he noticed you're missing here." You hummed at that. "You know...Mom called too."

"Oh? Really? Cool. Anyway-" the last thing you wanted was to speak to your mother again. You'd rather jump in the lava beneath you instead. In a desperate attempt to change the subject, you bring up another question. "how's Brianna? Is she doing well?"

"she's fine. Also, she said hi." Jason quickly answered, going back to the main topic in his mind. "Y/n, you have to tell mom." You clicked your tongue. A grumble came out of your throat as you looked away. "Why should I? It's not like she cares about anything I do."

"yes she does!"

"no she doesn't and you know it!" Jason scowled a bit. " she might've cared for you, Jason. But barely ever for me. Whenever she even tried acting like she cared she just ended up making things worse!" your shoulder slouched and your throat felt like its passage was blocked. "don't tell me you forgot about the Cecilia book."

Jason falls silent, murmuring to himself a bit in confusion. Racking through the library of memories stacked in his brain. Suddenly, he jolts up a bit in satisfied realization but soon enough, that satisfaction becomes bitter as he grimaces over the memory. "Yeah..." he nervously laughed, rubbing his neck awkwardly. "I-I remember that...you cried a lot after it."

Taking a sharp breath, you bit back your tongue from saying anything harsh. Knuckles balling up into fists and tongue feeling like sandpaper, you tried your best to calm down. Feeling annoyed and awkward from the situation now and knowing how stubborn Jason can be, you immediately brought up an excuse to leave. "A-anyway, Jason, I gotta go now. Amy's probably waiting for me." Jason nodded in understanding. Though a disappointed frown was evident on his face. "alright then, see ya!"

"Yeah, see ya."

With a few clicks and taps, your computer was turned off and closed.

Getting up, you put the computer back in your backpack and took out a rope from it. The item belonged to Tails at first, but now that you have to go up and down the summit at times, he let you borrow it.

Still, it was so tense. You were not a professional at this nor was it a normal daily thing for you. Climbing up and down the rope hoping for the best was sure to kill you at some point. But at the same time, you don't want to bother anyone to help with this. Not Sonic with helping you climb up there, not Tails with using his helicopter for it or even Stciks to give you pro tips. You feel like you've just suddenly waltzed into their life wanting help. And even now, you feel like a bother to Amy. Sure your relationship is much better with her than it was before, yet you can't help but feel guilt over it. The house barely has room for one person, let alone two.

Shaking your head, you gulped and set your feet down. Feeling relief from surviving that deadly situation, you walked down the mountain while trying to maintain your speed and not fall off. You hear a sigh a few feet away from you and turn your head to its source.