Prolouge - Before Vander

(3rd Person POV)
---

(Y/n) (L/n) was a girl with (h/l) (h/c) hair and (e/c) eyes.

She typically spent most of her time learning medical facts from her mother, Anita (L/n). She'd never had a father figure in her life, and never found the need to have one either.

(Y/n) had some respect in the Undercity, known for patching folks up without charge. However, her talents stopped at being able to disinfect and stitch up a wound.

Her mother was the real doctor, taking on and helping people with lost limbs and horrible fevers.

The girl spent her time going around the Undercity and helping people out, occasionally getting a few items and cash along the way.

Her blissful life of helping people died on the day Zaun attempted to fight for its own independence.

On the bridge.

---
(Y/n) POV
---

Red.

The smoke from the blazing fire clouded the sky, turning it into a charcoal hell.

I could barely see in front of me, it looked as if the red smoke was coming from under the bridge, you could barely see a foot in front of you, that's how bad it was.

Mom had gone to the 'revolution' as a medic, someone to help the injured. She told me to stay behind and wait, saying it was too dangerous for me.

I didn't listen.

I was afraid to be alone, it was scary. All I had left was my mom, it was her and me against the world.

But.. it soon became only me against the world.

An enforcer, they shot her. They shot my mother.

One bullet, through the head as she was helping a person stand. The person she was helping was also shot.

The sound of a child's song rung through my ears, at this point, I couldn't tell if it was real, or a figment of my imagination.

The rubble seemed to slow my steps, as time moved in slow motion as I approached the scene of the crime.

My mother's corpse.

Her cold and dull eyes staring unblinkingly into my own. Her hair slightly matted as blood pooled around her head, where she'd been shot.

I heard a scoff and slowly brought my head up, numb to it all.

My body had shut down, I couldn't feel much, only the wetness of my tears falling down my cheeks and onto the dusted and rusted bridge ruins.

The enforcer raised their gun at me, only to let out a grunt of pain as they fell in front of me. A man holding two girls, one with blue hair and one with pink, in his arms staring down at me.

The man carried me in the same arm that he held the blue haired girl who had her eyes shut.

The pink haired girl looked down at me for a moment, my head turning to look up at her as well, only for my head to sink against the bearded man's chest in exhaustion.

I was tired.

I was sad.

I was done.

---
A/N; The beginning