Chapter 11 - When These Walls Come Tumbling Down

(Y/n) POV
-

The wind howls past my ears as Jinx turns, our hands slipping out from each other's grips.

A familiar figure approaches.

Her same pink hair still looking as messy as always, and those same eyes that hold so much hope in them.

It was her; it really was her.

"Vi?"

"Vi?"

Jinx and I say in unison. I find it ironic, seeing as it was something we would sometimes do as kids.

Tears come to Vi's eyes as she goes over and gives Jinx a hug. "Oh Powder!"

I stand to the side, a bit taken aback. I swallow down my worries and anxieties, even wiping away a small tear that comes to my eye and let the two reunite.

They are sisters.

I notice as the crystal falls to the floor, making a small clinking sound. Slowly moving by them, not wanting to disturb their moment, I pick up the ball, holding it in my hand as I watch the two cry.

"I'm- I'm so sorry Powder. I tried to come back. I promise, I did. But I... I got arrested." Vi explains, a hand on Jinx's face.

"Marcus?" Jinx mutters.

"I don't know. I... It doesn't matter. I just... I never thought I'd see you again." Vi once again, brings her into a hug.

"Are you real?" Jinx asks.

Vi releases her. "Yes, of course. It's me, Vi, your sister. I'm here. I-I'm- I'm right here." She stammers.

Jinx sobs. "Things changed when you left. I changed- (Y/n) changed."

Vi looks over to me and smiles, sloppily bringing me into a hug, allowing me to feel how tightly she had originally hugged Jinx.

Vi takes in a shaky breath as she holds a hand behind my head, running a few fingers through it. I shut my eyes as a tear falls down my cheek at the feeling.

The memories.

Vi wipes the tear away and keeps a hand on both me and Jinx. "I know, Pow-pow, I know. You both did what you had to do to survive." She looks between me and Jinx.

Vi exhales, a hand on each of our cheeks. "Me too. It's okay." She brings me and Jinx into a hug, an arm for each of our heads. "What matters is we're together."

A crow caws.

Jinx gasps, backing up from Vi as she pulls out her mini gun. I also release Vi, taking a few steps back from the scene, still remembering the last time I'd been around her mini gun.

"Whose she?" Jinx questions.

"Who are you?" The female shoots back. If Sevika wasn't lying--which it seems she wasn't--then this was that Enforcer Vi was with.

Another crow caws. I wish they'd just shut up.

"It's okay. She's a friend." Vi replies, holding a handout to Jinx as a way of calming her down from doing anything rash.

"Sevikas wasn't lying? You're with an Enforcer?" Jinx mutters, pointing the gun slightly in Vi's direction.

My eyes widen slightly before glancing down at the glowing blue crystal that had remained in my hand. This couldn't be it, could it?

I notice the Enforcer's eyes travel to my hand, causing me to slide behind Jinx a bit.

"Your sister is Jinx?" The Enforcer says with revelation in her tone.