Chapter 2 - Hit & Run

(Y/n) POV
-

Powder stops munching on her sandwich as she notices a lump under some blueprints. Following her eyes, I slide the piece of paper away and stare down at the box.

Powder grunts as she moves it closer to her and is able to flip it back on its correct side. She clicks around for a moment before finding a switch that causes the box's lid to devolve into itself and reveal 6 shining crystals, similar to the one Mylo found.

She picks one up and holds it up to her eye, taking in the blue reflection.

"Have any idea what it is?" I mumble.

She shakes her head. "No clue--"

"Powder, (Y/n), we gotta' go!" Vi whisper shouts at us, my ears finally catching the muffled sounds of a doorknob raddling.

Powder grabs all the crystals; however, I notice one falls out.

"(Y/n)?!" Vi shouts at me as she stands in the doorway with the bag of stuff.

"Hang on- one fell!" I shout back in a whispered tone.

"What?!--"

A large explosion of blue clouds my vision.

I'm able to keep consciousness as I'm pressed up against Vi who coughs, having been thrown back against the hallways wall.

She quickly takes action and picks me up in her arms as she heads back onto the balcony, half of which is still held together.

Vi hands me to Claggor as she goes over and looks over the broken balcony. "Shit." She mutters.

Loud horns go off, causing me to lift my head slightly in confusion.

Everything was still loopy and wild. Things were moving too quickly for me to keep up with. My mind and ears are still back with that room that's now in rubble.

-

The next thing I know, everyone's running. I hear people shouting but I can't make out what they're saying.

Claggor makes a sharp turn, he must've dodged something.

Things are bumpy, but I can feel the sense of pressure and tension as the wind runs through my slightly bloodied hair.

They're panicking, things are tough.

I grunt as Claggor slams into the side of a wall and now feel a new sense of awake.

We stop in front of a familiar looking sewer.

"Oh god..." I mutter before I'm thrown down with Powder.

We fall onto a very uncomfortable pile of junk and trash, though, things felt even more painful as I landed on my sore shoulder.

"Thought last time was the last time we were gonna' do this." I hear Mylo complain through slightly muffled ears.

"Well, this time's the last time." Vi replied

I need a moment to catch up, it was hard enough to focus with all the shaky movements of being chased.

"(Y/n)?" I feel a hand on my shoulder slowly turn me around, then hear a gasp. The blue haired girl frowns and holds me in a slightly more comfortable position.

"How is she?" Vi asks Powder, also looking down at me with sympathetic eyes. "I'll.. manage." I groan, sitting up with Powder's help.

"Thanks..." I mumble to her as I hold my head for a moment. A droplet of something slides down my cheek, since I'm not feeling sad, I already know it's something much more red.