Chapter 6 - Growth

(Y/n) POV
-
Jinx Age; 10
-

I watched as Jinx grabbed a few crayons and Silco's mug and steel ashtray.

"P-... Jinx? What're you doing?" I catch myself, reminding myself she pronounced herself as Jinx rather than Powder, thanks to Silco.

"I'm making him a gift! I think it'll be nice if we spiffy up his dull office with a little.. som'in som'in, y'know?" Jinx exclaimed happily, setting the two items on the floor.

"Want to help?" She held out a slightly broken pink crayon, staring at me with a shy look.

I give a small smile and nod, taking the crayon from her gently and laying on the floor next to her.

She giggles and gets down on her stomach as well and begins to make a drawing on Silco's mug.

I look at the ashtray and begin to draw a few sparks, a bit stumped on what to draw. I grab the blue crayon that she'd set down and doodle on a couple clouds.

"Done!" Jinx announces from the blue, catching me by surprise. I look over at the mug, seeing something like a monkey with angry eyebrows drawn on it.

I laugh, showing her the ashtray.

She hums, drawing on a few pieces of her own. "Think he'll like it?" Her confidence disappears as she looks between the two items.

I frown before putting on a bright smile and setting a hand on her shoulder. "I'm sure he will! You did a great job!" I praise.

She blinks, returning the smile and giving me a small side hug. "We did a great job."

I nod and stand up, helping Jinx up. "Come on! Let's go show Silco!" I cheer, grabbing the ashtray as she grabs the mug with a chuckle.

She takes hold of my hand and skips out the room, on her way to find Silco.

---
Jinx Age; 12
---

"Jinx... Sevika..." I mumble with a sigh, staring at the two.

Jinx and Sevika had gotten into a scuffle, leading the two to get a few injuries after Sevika knocked a few of Jinx's bombs down, causing them to explode.

"She started it..." Jinx pouted with crossed arms as Sevika growls back.

Silco grumbles. "Treat their wounds, (Y/n). Start with Jinx." He huffs, walking off.

"Tch." Sevika clicks her tongue as she walks off to one of the tables in the transformed, Last Drop.

"So.. what exactly started it?" I ask, taking out the bar's med-kit.

"She..." Jinx starts but quickly shuts her mouth, glaring down at the floor from her seat at the bar stool.

I hum, knowing it'll be better to not push her. Instead, I began to put disinfectant on her scrapes. She'd be okay with a few band-aids, bandages, and disinfectant.

"She called you a coward..." She muttered, slouching in her seat.

My body freezes in shock for a moment before placing the final band-aid on Jinx's leg. I sit up and take a deep breath. "And.. uhm, you fought her because of that??"

Jinx hopped off her chair, staring at me directly in the eye. "Of course! She had no right calling you that! You're a great person!" She shouted at me.

I knew she didn't mean to raise her voice at me. Even more so since she was defending me in this scenario.

It felt good to hear that she cared, however--