Chapter 12 - Wounds

(Y/n) POV
-

Jinx simply laughs wildly, and leans back in her chair, staring up at the light.

A firelight, the bug, goes around the light, chirping and clicking.

Jinx raises her fingers, in the shape of a finger gun. She 'shoots' it, making the sound effect with her mouth.

"Jinx. Come over here." I wave my hand out towards her. She slides over, spinning slightly on her chair.

I hold her chair and sit up in my own with a wince, grabbing my trunk of medical items and taking out the tweezers.

"This is why we do not staple our wounds shut." I huff, not paying much attention to her face as I begin to take out the staples, attempting to ignore her sounds of pain.

"Hey, (Y/n)..." Jinx hums, grunting when I take out the final staple. "Yes?" I reply, setting the tweezers down and taking out my needle and thread.

"Why was she with Caitlyn?"

I freeze before resuming, lining my needle with a thin trail of shimmer. It'd help the wound heal faster.

"I don't know."

Jinx yelps in pain as I begin to stitch up her leg, the skin being much more battered and torn thanks to Jinx's little staple stunt.

She holds onto my shoulders, gripping them but not pushing me away.

"(Y/n). You're real. You're real. You're real." Jinx repeats, she sounds as if she's trying to convince herself that it's true.

I set my needle and thread down as I finish stitching the injury and grab some bandages, wrapping it around the threading as a layer of protection so that it doesn't get disturbed during the healing process.

I let out a short sigh before wrapping Jinx in a hug, bringing her ear close to my heart. "I am real. I'm right here." I run my hand across her head, a few strands of hair getting caught between my fingers here and there.

"Your hearts beating fast." Jinx mumbles, wrapping her arms around my waist as she held me gently in her grip.

"I-Is it?" I blink, the position we're in finally hitting me. I feel my face grow warm as I clear my throat and push Jinx away, remembering I had to take care of my own wound before it got any worse.

"L-Let me just patch myself up really quick!" I nervously chuckle, trying to ignore the sly grin that covered Jinx's face.

I grab my tweezers and look down at my thigh, inhale, exhale. I seriously had to focus.

The bullet didn't go all the way through, which means if I want it to heal properly, I've got to get that bullet out. After that I'll stitch it up with a dash of shimmer and wrap it in some bandages.

"(Y/n)?" Jinx says with a tilted head. I give her a small glance as she stares at me with slight confusion. I throw her a small nervous filled smile before taking in one more breath and putting one of my books into my mouth, biting down on it tightly as I begin to reach my tweezers into my leg.

Typically, you shouldn't take a bullet out, it could actually make the wound worse. The only times you should remove a bullet is when the bullet is close to an important body organ in which the bullet might disrupt it.

With the position of my wound, if I leave it in, it could permanently damage my walking capabilities. When you're in the Undercity, especially having a high reputation to not be messed with, this could be detrimental to me.

It's already bad enough that I can't see out of one eye.

I groan and grunt as my shaky hands are able to finally pull the bullet out, sweat dripping down my forehead as the book falls from my mouth.