Chapter-20: Caribbean Arc 1-4

---Friend or Foe?---

The previous aerial combat was intense. In fact, so intense that everyone wanted to end this operation as soon as possible. But with Fortress V-S in their way, they would have to destroy it as quick as possible if they want to end this operation soon.

However, when the 12th Battleship Division had entered the "Outer Rim" of the Fortress's defense, they noticed something. Something that doesn't feel right at all.

There lay a lot of wrecks of Siren Warships and corpses of Humanoid Sirens scattered here and there. When Somers disengaged from the group to take a closer look at them, she noticed that the damages on them all originated from their own weapons. Feeling that she got enough information, she sailed back and reported what she found out to Utah

"Wait... what you are saying is that someone from our nation went on and attack the fleet?" Utah asked as Somers gave her the nod."Don't you think you mistook the damages to something else?"

"I know what I saw with my own eyes, Utah." Somers replied. "Besides, I may have a theory that we might be dealing with a Rogue shipgirl from Eagle Union who might be responsible for all those destruction. But then again, I don't know for sure."

Utah got herself lost in thought. Who would enact unauthorised strike upon the Siren ships and Humanoid Sirens? They know that 12th Battleship Division, 8th Battleship Division, and the 15th Carrier Squadron, along with 3rd Destroyer Squad, 18th Battleship Strike Force and 15th Cruiser Fleet are to engage the Fleet before heading straight for the Fortress V-S.

However, their thoughts were interrupted when the surviving groups of Sirens all began to attack the 12th Battleship Division.

"Well, looks like whoever attack these guys must have missed a spot or two. Girls! Engage!" Utah ordered as she summoned her riggings.

One by one, all the shipgirls began to summon their riggings as a way to weave around the battefield safely as the area they are in are full of wrecks and corpses of Siren Warships and Humanoid Sirens respectively. Another hidden advantage that all Kansens take it for granted are their increased mobility and agility that their shipforms lacked, as well as smaller size meant that larger Mass Production type Siren Warships would have a harder time hitting the girls with their main guns but still packs the same punch as the real deal.

The Battleship type Kansens, while able to manuevere far better than their shipforms, still have to content with the inertia that their rigging gave. Not to mention, with all the armour and massive amount of weapons on them. But then again, these Kansens still stood as if the weight of all those stuffs are nothing.

The entire 12th Battleship Division, along with their vanguards, all began attacking the Sirens. While weakened, these remaining Siren Forces are still a force to be reckon with. Somers and Massey, a sister of Allen M Sumner and a Kasen personalising the Allen M Sumner Class destroyer USS Massey, managed to score their first kill with their lucky torpedo strike; a Pawn Class Siren Destroyer which happened to be in their crosshairs.

Arkansas and Massachusetts all fired upon the Rook Class Siren Battlecruiser and a Bishop Class Siren Heavy Cruiser respectively, both having met their end before they could even fire a shot.

"Well, it looks as if these Sirens are already loosing their touch." O'Bannon, a Kansen personalising a Fletcher Class USS O'Bannon, smirked as she fired her 5" gun upon a Knight Class Siren Light Cruiser, which later fired back. "Whoever weakened them must have killed their leader as well."

"Well-" Shields, a Kansen personalising Fletcher Class Destroyer USS Shields, got interrupted when one of the Pawn Class Siren Destroyers fired upon her, which forced her to raised her physical shield up to block the shell. "As I was saying, we mustn't let our guard down. Loosing their touch or not, these bastards aren't ready to throw in the towel just yet." She then fired her 5" gun to the same Siren Destroyer in retaliation, which she scored a hit on its bridge.