Chapter 6: The Snake

"Eve, look at this article!"

"No way!"

It's been a few days ever since transmigrating into the world of Eventide Watch. Eve Winters, internally Yuna, did not have difficulties with her new life as Eve whatsoever. Fortunately, Eve and her were pretty similar, especially in speech. The only difference would be that the Original Eve was more sweeter and dependent on Daniel. Yuna however was much more a daredevil and independent.

Eve (Yuna) is hanging out with her close friend, Emma, after school. Emmeline Walker, a cheerful girl with curly brown hair that reached her shoulders. Her signature look always comes with a little bow at the back of her hair.

"Didn't your brother bust his ass?" Emma asked with curious dark blue eyes.

"..." Yuna stared at the photo attached to the article carefully. It was a picture of a very notorious criminal. Dirty blonde hair with vicious emerald colored-eyes. He looked like a rebellious teen, but he was a full-on adult with very ill intent. Yuna nods at Emma. "Yeah...It's been a year since then."

BREAKING NEWS: INFAMOUS CONVICT NATHANIEL JAY CLARKE ON THE RUN!

Yuna gripped her shoulder bag tightly, reminding herself that one action can change her fate in a few days. I just have to stay at home, that's all I have to do. I'll skip school and stay at home with Akio.

In the original, Nathaniel would be waiting for Eve near the school. Emma gets sick at the time, so Eve was all alone. Yuna called him Nathan for short. Nathan and Daniel had a very long history together, full of animosity towards one another. One thing Yuna can confirm is that Nathan was heavily involved in the organization, but was not a part of it.

Yuna bit her lip, regretting to neglect the investigation and details of the organization.

Another thing for sure was that the trio was able to take down Nathan the second time, but not without sacrifice. Eve was rescued fortunately, but was hospitalized for the rest of the novel and got better at the epilogue.

"Oh, but I want to get kidnapped."

Not without sacrifice...

Nathan was a combination of a snake and a chameleon. Hard to find with a venomous bite. The only reason they were able to catch him was because of Eve. The reason they were able to beat Nathan was because he let his guard down when Daniel got shot.

Human trafficking...

Nathan led that...

Yuna covered her mouth, feeling sick.

"Eve? What's wrong? Are you okay?" Emma asked, putting her phone away inside her pocket. "Eve?"

"I-I'm fine, we shouldn't stand here for too long."

"Okay, where do you want to go?"

Somewhere with a lot of people...

"Let's visit that new boutique."

"Oh yeah! Now that you mention it..." Emma takes Eve's hand with a smile. "Let's go! There's something I totally want to show you there!"

And so the two run off to the newly opened boutique. However...

Yuna couldn't help but feel as if someone was watching her very intently.

--

Akio stared at the workout equipment in another room. It was a room specialized for working out. Treadmill, Dumbbell Set, Pull-Up bar, Stationary bicycle, Rowing machine-This room was a full on gym!