Chapter 10: Gut Feeling

"How could you forget our appointment together?"

"Eh?"

Akio and Brielle turn around to see a tall man with gold eyes.

"W-What are you doing here?"

Seeing Vincent in the library was the last thing he'd expect. Vincent glances at Brielle for a second before approaching Akio and grabbing his wrist. Brielle's eyes widened slightly as she stared at them silently, holding back a gasp. Vincent pulls him away. "Come on, we're going to be late."

Vincent taps Akio's wrist, his eyes telling Akio to play along. Akio nodded and smiled weakly at Brielle. "I'm sorry miss, I have to go now."

Vincent and Akio briskly walk away, leaving Brielle to shove the book back into the shelf and clench her fists. She watches as Akio purchases his books and walks out with Vincent. "What is this?"

Brielle brought her hand up to her mouth and bit her nail anxiously. I recently got back from my flight and this is what I see? According to the data, my Daniel quit his work and his personality clashes with that bastard, so why are they together!? And why did Daniel act so formal with me? He never acts formal with women!

"..."

He seemed different...

It's been a few months since I last saw him personally, but he looked at me differently. More...gently?

Her heart pounded against her chest.

Is it because...He really does see me differently? As a woman he'll take seriously? He...did look starstruck...

Turning bright red, Brielle hid herself deeper in the library.

...But that bastard Vincent Haste. Tsk. What the hell does he want with Daniel?

Meanwhile, Akio entered Vincent's car and the two drove off. Vincent asks, "Who was the woman? You looked uncomfortable with her."

"She said her name is Brielle Alston." Akio answered. Vincent didn't say anything else and continued to drive. Akio didn't really know where Vincent was taking him, but he didn't really mind. He was grateful that Vincent was there to pull him out of that situation. Then a question popped in Akio's mind. "What were you doing in the library?"

"I was looking for you."

For me? Akio blinked in puzzlement. "Why?"

"My friend gave a new scenario for us to play." Vincent answered and it was clear to Akio what Vincent meant.

Akio smiles and asks another question. "You're not busy?"

Akio was impressed with Vincent's time management. Wasn't he dealing with a really difficult case? To be hanging with Akio like this and playing games...Akio felt bad. "You seem really busy. We can always play another time when you're done with work." Please focus on the case, not me.

"I'm on my break."

"Oh...I see."

"Or are you afraid of losing?"

"Bring it." Akio puffed out his cheeks. He saw Vincent's lips form into a small smirk.

"Alright. A musician is found dead in her room with a large slash on her throat. The room was dark, the open window being the only source of light. Note that she could've used the lamp on her desk and the room's ceiling light but didn't. The door was also unlocked when the witness, who was a delivery man delivering a package, found the corpse. The time of death is estimated to be evening at around eight o'clock."