Chapter 8: Changes

"When did you notice this happening?" Jackson asked.

Yuna answers honestly. "Yesterday afternoon, they were being pretty obvious."

Well, they weren't. But having the cheat known as transmigration and knowledge, Yuna already knows that Nathan's stalking started yesterday. Jackson nodded and asked another question, "Are they following you even now? What about on your way here?"

"They were following."

"Alright..."

Akio stood slightly behind Yuna, feeling Vincent's intense gaze on him. Akio gulped nervously, it was like his back was being burnt.

Is he testing me? Akio thought. He has to be testing me, there's no way that he's not testing me. What should I do? Should I just act the way I did with him or act as Daniel? I don't want to fight him here and now! Should I flirt with a random girl? I'd get slapped! I don't want to get slapped! What should I do-

"That's Daniel?"

"Almost didn't recognize him with the hair down and mask."

"What's he doing here with his sister?"

"I wonder what happened..."

"I'm surprised he isn't throwing himself at someone."

Akio wanted to cover his face so badly. I can hear you clearly guys!

His colleagues continued to make comments, until a pair of women barged in and scolded them. It was Charlotte Williams and Scarlett Brooke. Akio felt something within him crack the moment he saw them. Yuna had drilled the appearances of all characters into Akio's head and it was obvious these two were mentioned explicitly by Yuna.

Scarlett Brooke, she doesn't back down from a fight and is always ready to fight. A powerful Heroine.

Charlotte Williams, the cheerful and tranquil forensic analyst, the Heroine's perfect contrast and best friend.

...

"Daniel would literally swan dive into a pit of lava for Scarlett." Akio recalled Yuna's words.

Suddenly, Vincent's gaze grew more intense when Akio observed Scarlett and Charlotte. Akio quickly looks away, internally screaming. I'm sorry! Is he jealous!? I'm sorry for looking at Scarlett! I won't do it again!

Vincent: Hmm...What is he going to do? Will he make advances?

"Hey, if it isn't Daniel! What are you doing here?" Charlotte called out so happily.

Akio held himself back from banging his head on the wall. He turned around to see Charlotte joyfully hopping her way over to him, followed by Scarlett. Scarlett looked at him from head to toe and she looked cautious. Akio couldn't blame her.

This is it, Akio.

Remember Onee-san's training...

"Hey-"

Suddenly, all eyes were on him again. What was this? Akio couldn't do it. It was like he was trapped in a dark space, eyes being the only light surrounding him, pricking him like thorns all over his body. They were expecting something from him and Akio could tell they weren't good expectations. Sweat began to slide down the side of his face, his fists trembling, his breath short and his beating rapidly. Everything felt so oppressed and it crushed Akio.

I want to get out.

I want to run.

I hate this.