Chapter 7: why did we turned out like this?

THE moment Jikook had entered the daycare, the both of them were both left with the inevitable silence that always came between them. This was the very first time they have seen each other since Jiimin had decided to let go of Jungkook, and of course, it was full of awkwardness; the air blowing against their bodies making them stiff and tensed until it was Jimin who had broken the silence.

"Jungkook, we need to talk." He spoke, his expression drawing a serious aura that gave his facial features that kind of justice it deserved – he looked ruggedly handsome; manlier in this kind of expression, the one that had people at their feet just by looking at him.

Jungkook didn't listen, yet he moved. He moved to stay away from Jimin; Jungkook was leaving, turning back at Jimin and ready to cross the street. Jimin cursed and ran after Jungkook, grabbing his wrist with such force that made Jungkook's body reverberate and actually face him, something that Jungkook had been avoiding since they first met.

"Damn it, Jungkook! We freaking need to talk!" He told him, his brows knitting together and grip tightening on Jungkook's wrist, his face now shifting into a scowl and it was that, Park Jimin was angry.

"We don't need to! You already let me go!"

"Fuck, that's why you need to stay! I already let you go, don't make the same mistake with me!"Jimin replied with the same intensity and volume, his voice turning deep and hoarse that Jungkook knew it implied something grave, and the way his eyes flickered with strong emotion that he couldn't pinpoint. Then he knew – he'll have a long day ahead. "And you didn't even bother telling me the truth!"

"What truth?"

"You know it, Jungkook. You knew about Jikook, but you didn't even tell me about it."

And Jungkook suddenly felt cold, feeling the blood that was rushing in his veins, flushing down his system leaving him void and unable to register what he heard. He can't be hearing it right, did Jimin found out already? He can't! He should never! It didn't took him second thinking what decision he will make, because in his perspective, it was clear as a day, that Jimin should never find out about Jikook.

because if he does, he'll take his only happiness away.

Just like what he did years ago.

He can't bear that pain again.

"Jikook is my son, isn't he?"

"You..."

"I looked at him, and it was undeniable and obvious how he looked like me when I was a child. How much he resembles me and how the last night that we had - I knew for sure we had unprotected sex."

"So where are you getting at--"Jungkook replied boringly, trying to express how disinterested he was on what Jimin had said. He didn't need this, not now, not ever. As months passed by since Jimin had left him, Jungkook had created the perfect master piece – a mask. With everything that's left intact with him, he had poured all his craftsmanship and efforts to utilize all the pain and suffering he had gone through to create a mask, something that would hide everything that was left to him.

"Don't play coy, baby boy." Jimin said gruffly, the way he does when he's restraining every bit of anger that was threatening to pour out of him. "I'm sick of playing games! You know damn well where I'm getting at. Jikook is my-"

"He's not yours! He's not your son!" The younger male countered before Jimin could even finish what he was saying. "He's mine! Jikook is my son!" Damn, this was getting into Jungkook's system. He never had expected this day to even come especially when Jimin had given him a promise of goodbye, easing him from his nightmares but yet here he is right now, living in one of them. His greatest nightmare had turn into reality he could never escape now, at least that's what it seems.