Chapter 22: flicker of hope

His feet seemed like it had life on its own, guiding the way even before his brain could register and process his actions. And he stood there, in the middle of his room. Only for his eyes to feast on the vast nothingness the room had conjured, ironic, he huffed.

He knew what he was going to see, he already knew he wasn't there, but why did he have to break himself like this? Why did his feet have to go here and rip him apart? He left again, and he didn't know where he was. But he had a hunch and he didn't want to explore that idea – he couldn't.

Especially, when thoughts of him chasing stupidly after that guy he loves when he's out here breaking on the sidelines all it was about, he wouldn't.

He laid there restlessly, on the floor, basking on the scent that room had emanated. He wanted to leave when every second longer here was similar to self-harm, but it was at the same time his body's crave for relief. He was ridiculous, damn it he was! He was not only ridiculous but a damn fool for falling in love with him.

It's been fucking years, Min Yoongi. How can you not move on?

How can you not let go?

He cried, finally releasing all the tears that built up inside him lately. He was emotionless, battling the wallowing depression of unrequited love but now it had come to this – him crying all alone in Jimin's room when he had left him for somebody else. He didn't even stand a chance in the first place.

The truth was bitter when he tasted it, but damn, swallowing the truth? It was awful, but he had already tasted it, spitting it out wouldn't change it taste anyway. Spitting it out wouldn't change reality as much as he wanted. It was all down to him swallowing and accepting that Jimin couldn't return the love he'd been yearning for, that he was just another hindrance in Jimin and Jungkook's destiny.

As much as he continued to grab on, no matter how much strength he poured into grabbing tightly, sadly, the rope was breaking. This wasn't up to him anymore, it was all about what he was grabbing onto. And sadly, Jimin was disappearing – disappearing for Jungkook.

Tears were pouring like a sad storm with no chances of stopping at least he could express himself in this way, in this bit, in this least.

He stood up because staying here longer wasn't going to repair his soul, nor his heart. So he stood up and left, closing the door gently behind him. He was about to slowly walk back to his room that was beside Jimin's when a hand slammed beside his head, stopping him on his tracks.

He looked back at the owner of the hand, eyes meeting eyes, the pair of orbs looking back at him were clouded with a hint of anger and determination. Something he didn't expect from this boy's personality.

"Taehyung,"

"Is it him?"

"Wha-what?"

"Are you crying because of him?" His voice softened, the hand resting on the wall moved up to his cheeks and cleared the tears that were about to dry without being touched.

Yoongi didn't speak and just stared at the boy in front of him.

"You still love him, don't you?" The guy in front of him said softly, grazing his thumb across his cheek in such manner that it gave out a warm foreign feeling.

"You! Talk to me with honorifics!" He swatted his hand away from his face. It was so unlikely of him doing that.

It was so unlikely of Kim Taehyung touching him like that – touching him so fondly.

"Then," With greater resolve, Taehyung grabbed Yoongi's hand that swatted his own and placed it on top of his beating chest, "Can you love me instead, hyung?"