Chapter 16: the sound of healing and hurting

"One more bottle here please!" He ordered after feeling the scorching sensation of the soju burning down in his throat. He wanted to call Jin and have a drinking session with him because apparently, all this shit that he's going through, Jin had the most grasp about his life. He practically told Jin everything, if he left out some then that would be minor details. Though he found out that Jin was busy and off to meet someone, with his best friend who's career-driven and stoic - he's glad and didn't want to bother with his personal problems anymore.

He wanted to rant, he wanted to vent out this feeling of frustration and anger bubbling terribly inside him but there's no one he could talk to.

The old lady managing up the tent store gave him another bottle and he drank it, trying to wash down the continuous emergence of pain throbbing in his heart and he wanted to curse at himself – you shouldn't even care, Jungkook! He shouldn't be crying at all, because when Jimin abandoned him, he also abandoned him as he carried the feeling of betrayal and anger. So now, why is he crying as he held up the glass and took another shot?

He spent money over five bottles! God, if he was sober and rationally thinking right now, he would have hit his fvcking head because that's worth a three nights meal! But Jungkook was desperate in numbing his mind about the mess of a past that's catching up to him wherever he goes and that discipline wasn't in his line of thought and system anymore.

He's sitting at a bench in the nearby park, the alcohol was hitting entering his system and everything was causing him to be drowsy but he feel light, and that kind of feeling is what he was craving for. Then, he heard somebody sing and the sweet lullaby lingered in his ears – it felt soothing, so hypnotizing both the voice and the song.

"Love, love the stars,

Love, love the moon..."

And in a way, it gave Jungkook the urge to look at the sky for the stars and the moon – his gaze strayed at the big black sky, littered with the glowing stars and bright half moon. As his gaze remained fixed in the beautiful scenery of the sky, he felt every single thought draining down in the drain and nothing but the image that his eyes were capturing that moment stayed there on his mind.

"Da neoui ban ban

banui banui bando..."

The longer the singing runs, he could feel a sense of familiarity over the voice – like he knew who it was, but he could never put a ring on who because this was the first time he heard that voice singing. He stood up, swaying with in his walk in search for the voice and then he saw who it was.

He didn't move, but listened to the song in appreciation.

"If only I had just half of you
If only,"

The voice ended the song. Jungkook took the cue to call who it was, "Dean!" He yelled then as if proving his guess correct, the man turned to him in a state of confusion.

Then, Dean's face distorted into shock, and Jungkook ran to him.

"Were you there the whole time?" Dean asked him, his lips curling into a smile that was obviously a charmer.

Jungkook noticed that there was something different with Dean, maybe it was the way he dressed tonight as he was wearing a white turtle neck and long dark coat; it was so weird seeing Dean outside his barista uniform and that seeing him in civilian clothes gave him a new kind of identity.

"Yeah, I heard everything," Jungkook admitted, scratching the back of his head in embarrassment. His flushed face caused by drinking didn't even help. "You never told me you sing."

"You never asked though," Dean countered, chuckling lightly at the savagery of its appeal.

"Tsk," Jungkook uttered and cocked a brow at Dean.