Plagg's Plan (with a hint of Tikki)

The Miraculous each have a partner; they are one half of a matching pair.

To own a Miraculous you are selected alongside an equal. One will compliment the other, whilst displaying the characteristics shown of that specific energy. If the harmony is disrupted possible rifts could be caused, allowing the Miraculous to be used and abused for their power. Without a partner they are unbalanced and lethal.

The yin and yang matching of the Miraculous allows them to work to their greatest strength, and when paired up correctly, the power can be undefeatable, especially when bound by love.

Though this applies to all the jewels at home in the Miracle box, the greatest of power comes from the Ladybug and Cat Miraculous. Each holding power beyond belief with a need to remain close to each other and in balance.

Plagg, the kwami of the black cat Miraculous, is the embodiment of destruction. The power he grants his holder was one of great chaos. Tikki, Plagg's other half, is the kwami of creation and exists within the Ladybug Miraculous. Both kwami's hold equal yet opposite capabilities and strengths, which is only enhanced by their choice of holder. The force circulating through both of these Miraculous sends a surge of power through their holder, a power which it would be up to their holder to contain. If the holder is too weak it will overcome them, draining their body of life to support its own.

For Tikki, her holder needs to be wise, creative and level headed, being the saviour to any harm caused by any other of the Miraculous, or any other powergiving entity. The ladybug would revert everything back to normal, and be the key to all hope. Plagg, however, needs a wielder who would be able to control ultimate destructive power. They need to be pure, forgiving and in no way malicious. In the wrong hands, the power of destruction could lead to mass devastation, undoing and anarchy. Therefore, a blend of perfection and loyalty must be shared between the holders. They must work together, in both love and attainment.

Which brings us to the current holders of each of these small Gods.

For the past five years, Plagg has co-lived with twenty-five year old ex-model, and fencing instructor, Adrien Agreste. Adrien is kind hearted and selfless, he would do anything for anyone even if he got stamped on during the journey. His heart longed to be loved after experiencing a cold and icy childhood, and that love led to him becoming besotted with his partner in anti-crime, Ladybug. Adrien had a strong head on his shoulders, using his balance to make decisions and allowing him to be a fierce protector, ultimately, saving the day.

Although Ladybug and himself had decided that they were safer separate, that didn't stop him from dreaming, and wishing, and wanting. If he couldn't have her, he'd have no one else, he was committed in love to his partner, and would only see his own happily ever after featuring a raven haired, blue eyed girl. His love and loyalty stood by his Ladybug, with the hope that maybe one day things would be different.

Ladybug meant the world to him, and he knew she felt the same way too. Both had tried to get into relationships with other people, trying to ease away the yearning for each other hoping it would just be the want of a partner, of someone to love them and support them. But surprise ... that never worked. No one could fill the endless void in their hearts waiting to be filled by the other.

Adrien had received his Miraculous at the age of twenty. He had been on the verge of severe depression due to his fathers wants and needs, for whatever Gabriel Agreste wanted he got. It came without if's, but's or maybe's and Adrien prayed for freedom and a chance to live. Thanks to Plagg his fight for freedom came in the form of a cat with a powerful cheese addiction, and suddenly his dreams were starting to come true. Not only did he now have a reason for respecting himself, he also gained two deep relationships, one with his kwami and one with his partner.