The morning after the night before

"Stop breathing!" Marinette placed her hands over her face and tried to stop the room from spinning. Nope, it wasn't working, if anything it was making it a lot worse.

"I wish I could ... the pain might go away then."

"As true as that would be, I've had second thoughts and I don't think I want you to do that." Marinette moved her hands off her face and opened her eyes. She was looking at the Christmas tree, correction, she was looking at the underneath of a Christmas Tree. So many questions came to her mind she didn't know where to start. Actually she did.

Why was she asleep under the Christmas tree, and how did she get out of her dress? Her brain began to pound as she attempted to think about what had transpired the night before. The pain of thinking was soon put to an end though, as her male companion asked her a favour.

"Can you please turn the lights off? It's hurting my head." Adrien's voice was gruff, and slightly husky from what Marinette suspected was all the loud singing they'd done the previous night. Marinette had a vague recollection at one point of doing Gangnam Style with Chloè Bourgeois, after singing 'Livin' on a Prayer' at the top of her lungs and dancing on top of a table. Oh, and she was also sure that at some point herself and Adrien had attempted and failed at the 'Dirty Dancing' lift.

"I would love to help you, Adrien, but unfortunately I can't turn off the sun!"

"No need to get so tetchy, I'm in pain here."

"And I'm not!"

Silence circulated between them as Marinette contemplated sitting up. She was trying to decide whether she should do it slowly, or, like a bandaid, with one swift movement. Going with the second option she could be sitting up in the matter of seconds ... or throwing up.

She rocked a little bit and decided that the swift movement she was going to make would certainly end up with her vomiting all over the nice Christmas tree and faux fur rug and she was quite certain Gabriel Agreste would not appreciate that added extra to the room bill.

"Are you alive?" She asked in the general direction she thought Adrien was in.

"I think so, how about you?"

"Yeah. I'm still here. Can you move?"

She heard some shuffling, followed by a groan and a thump. "Nope, definitely not yet, no."

"What time is our flight home?"

"Not until six this evening, so I think we have about an hour to get ready."

Marinette attempted to laugh and then groaned at the pain. "Where are you?" She asked, still unsure of their whereabouts.

"I'm on the sofa." He responded.

How did he end up there? Why was he on something cosy and she was on the floor? Underneath a tree?

As if the tree took offence to Marinette's thoughts about ten pine needles fell from the tree and onto her head, four of the little beasts ending up in her mouth.

"This tree hates me." She spat out the pines and heard Adrien chuckle and then groan.

"Serves you right for laughing at me," she said, still making no move to get up. It was too much work.

"You wouldn't happen to have any type of pain meds would you? I left mine at home."

"No, I -" yes, she thought, yes she had. Very strong ones as well. Thank god! "Actually I do. I have co-codamol in my toiletry bag, I just need to make it there."

"Can you stand up?"

"Not without puking."

"Roll?"