Model Behaviour

When Marinette woke up the next morning, she couldn't understand why her eyes seemed to be glued together. She rubbed at them fiercely trying to remove whatever godforsaken crust was joining the lids together.

"Tikki?" Marinette hissed in a whispered voice. She didn't want to shout too loud, after all if Adrien woke up and heard her calling a random name he'd most likely be the 'Wonderboy' he was and come bounding it wielding his trusty sword and declaring that he shall battle the dragons and thorn bushes in search of her 'Tikki'.

She was yet to hear anything from her kwami so attempted one last time. If Tikki didn't come and help her then she'd need to get up and try to find the ensuite to clean her eyes out. She was sure it was to the right of her bed, or was it the left? Anyways, it was definitely in front.

"Tikki?"

One ... two ... three ... nothing ... five ... six ... seven ... where had the kwami got to? ... eight ... nine ... ten.

That was it! She was getting up and making her way to the bathroom, cleaning her eyes and then searching for food. Now she just needed to decide whether she was going to venture out to the right of the bed, or the left.

"Eenie, meenie, minee, mo ..." swinging her hand from left to right she finally came to the decision that she was going right.

Swinging her legs off the bed, she stood up and held her arms out in front of her. Attempting to open her eyes again, they pulled apart slightly and she was looking forward through a slight slit. Perfect! She could see the door in front of herself and congratulated the executive decision she'd made to go that way.

Finally reaching the bathroom after only stubbing her toe once (score!) She loaded the sink with warm water and searched through the hotel toiletry selection for cotton wool. Two balls were sitting nicely next to the shampoo, conditioner and body lotion, and Marinette grasped onto them for dear life.

Dunking them into the water, she lifted the now wet cotton balls to her eyes and wiped gently across the crust, loosening it and allowing her eyes to open. She looked in the mirror and smiled. Thank God her eyes looked like a good layer of concealer would fix them up. She pulled and prodded them, unsure what could have caused such a catastrophic crusting.

"Marinette, you're awake." A small red blob flew behind her and Marinette followed the reflection in the mirror.

"I was calling for you Tikki. My eyes were glued together this morning." She continued looking in the mirror and soaking her eyes as she questioned one more time with cotton wool as she questioned Tikki about the events of the previous night. "Was I crying?"

Tikki flew to sit on the tap in front of Marinette, her face full of guilt. This kwami couldn't tell a lie if her life depended on it.

"Of course you didn't Marinette, you'd know if you were crying right?" Tikki nervously picked up an earbud and twirled it in her hands.

"Tikki? I know you're lying to me, I just don't know why you would be?"

"You had a nightmare," Tikki said, still keeping her eye contact away from Marinette.

"But I didn't wake up."

"That's right, you didn't," Marinette looked down at the kwami to see the ladybug attempt to smile. The look currently on the kwamis face was similar to Wallace out of Wallace and Gromit and she was starting to wonder if she should feed Tikki cheese rather than cookies.

"Tell me," Marinette demanded.

"You don't want to know," Tikki went to fly away, only for Marinette to grab the small kwami and pull her back to face off with her holder.