I Can't

She felt his eyes on her before she even stepped foot on deck. She slipped off Adrien's arm not willing to make a scene and felt the hurt of the blonde haired man next to her.

"I'm just running to the bathroom, I'll be right back." She turned to find Alya standing right next to her, she was quite sure her best friend had felt Luka's stare too. "Al, do you mind introducing Adrien to everyone, I'll only be a minute."

Marinette sent a smile at her friends as she hurried below deck and to the bathroom. She entered and locked the door. Luka's stare had rattled her, and for some unknown reason she felt guilty even though she wasn't sure what for. She rattled her brain for any reason and came up with a few more than she'd expected.

One - She hadn't responded to any of his messages since she'd returned from the Alps. Where she was ignoring Adrien for her own heart, she was ignoring Luka from his obvious displays of jealousy. He was sending her message after message about tweets and Instagram posts linking to her. She'd checked out the first few and then realised he was sending her only the negative ones.

Two - She knew he still wanted to be with her, even after the years apart. Yet here she was, turning up without warning with Adrien Agreste on her arm. The Adrien Agreste who he seemed to have some sort of underlying issue with.

Three - She had told him she wouldn't be dating anymore due to the Guardianship and it's prolonged interference in her life, and even though she wasn't dating Adrien tonight sure looked like more than friends.

Four - As far as he understood she was madly in love with Chat Noir. He always said he'd never get in the way of the two of them, feeling as though he was stabbing his fellow teammate/leader in the back by going for his girl, especially as it was now obvious Ladybug had fallen for her partner.

Five - She was just a horrible person!

Marinette made her way to the sink and ran the cold tap, scooping water in her hands and throwing it in the direction of her face. Luka and Marinette had spoken a lot more since he'd found out her identity. They discussed everything about them and their relationship and even though Luka admitted to loving her more now he knew, he also understood that he couldn't ever be with her.

She remembered as they sat together on the deck of the Liberty he explained how even though he loved her he would never stop her happy ending, and he knew it was with Chat Noir, even more so since he'd found out Chat's identity too.

Luka was a caring guy. He wouldn't do anything to harm anyone else, especially her and she knew that. He was sweet, kind, and soft and to be honest she understood his fury at the situation. She said she wouldn't date, yet she was sure that's what was happening tonight with Adrien but without the label. She had been away on a mini break with him, she'd modelled with him ... twice, and she'd walked onto his boat linked with him and laughing. Everything pointed to them being together.

Looking up into the mirror, she got progressively more angry with herself and the situation. She didn't want to hurt anyone, but here she was putting not only her heart on the line but Adrien's too, all while flaunting it in front of Luka and smashing his. What the hell was wrong with her?

"Marinette, are you okay?" Adrien's voice sounded through the door.

"I'm fine," she replied, looking at herself one more time in the mirror before opening the door. "Hey."

Adrien screwed his eyes at her causing his perfectly shaped eyebrows to pull down and move together.

"Are you sure? It's just your face is a little red."

"Yeah, I'm sure, just a little red from the cold breeze." She smiled at him, both of them just standing around staring at each other.

"Is there a meeting going on down here that the rest of us didn't know about?" Luka made his way down the stairs, stood opposite them and crossed his arms over his chest.