Twas the night before ...

"Scrub yourself one more time and you'll be having a skin graft for Christmas."

Plagg was currently floating alongside Adrien whilst the cat Miraculous holder was grooming himself to within an inch of his life. Adrien had showered, shaved, then showered again to get rid of any stray hairs. The second shower was one of Adrien's model showers, long and boring, giving Plagg plenty of time to fly out and see if Marinette was back.

He didn't show a lot of emotion unless it was to do with cheese, but the smile could not be wiped off his face at the moment. She'd come back. She was back and she wanted to see Adrien. The only issue left to contend with was the fact she'd been summoned to Gabriel's office. That could only be bad news, or really bad news.

The temptation to fly over and see what was happening was strong. He couldn't afford anything to happen to Marinette, not when his holder was so close to true happiness. It was time for ...

Date Nine - The Notre Dame carol concert

And for the plan to work, they both needed to be there. The fact Marinette had passed off Tikki hadn't gone unnoticed either. There was something about Gabriel which seemed to be playing on Marinette's mind, playing with her nerves. Marinette was a strong woman so to think he could draw her into a chance of being akumatized terrified him. There's no way his kid would fight his Lady, regardless of the situation.

Plagg had made it back just as Adrien was finishing his Passion Fruit facial and washing the conditioner out of his hair. The model stepped out of the shower in a cloud of steam, unveiling the new pruned and prepped Adrien Agreste, wrapped in no more than a towel hanging low on his hips. He looked nervous, a concerned frown on his face as he looked over himself, again in the mirror.

"Do you think she'll come? I haven't heard off her, or any of the others so I don't know what to expect?"

Oh how Plagg wished he could tell Adrien the truth, that she was already back and had created a new dress just for the final reveal, but at the moment that had to stay quiet.

"After that mushy speech you delivered, I personally would stay well away, but I have a feeling she's into that kind of thing."

Adrien took out his pot of overpriced hair wax and began to position each point of his hair into the perfect place, staring intently into the mirror as his fingers worked through the blonde strands oblivious to the fact that when he transformed it would transform with him into a wild mess. Finally happy with the styling, he took his moisturiser and smothered it over his face and neck, and even a little of his chest, because, well, you never know. His face heated up at the thought.

Next he spritzed himself with his self named fragrance, remembering the fashion show when she reeled off the catchphrase and smiled to himself. Nothing was more dreamy than his Lady.

"What about the whole identity thing? She's always wanted to keep it a secret so do you think she'll freak out over this?" He asked his kwami, grabbing his toothbrush and paste, giving his bright whites an additional polish.

"From what I know of pigtails, it'll most certainly freak her out, but I don't think you need to worry too much about it. I think it was time." Plagg really wanted to say that he knew it was time, that he had been a partial mastermind in this converluded plan, he had to give props to Tikki too, it was very much a team effort.

"I hope so," he spat the fluid out into the sink and dabbed his mouth with his towel. Moving to the bedroom he looked for his outfit, the one he'd worked all day on putting together. Not that it mattered as he'd be wearing his super suit most of the time, but still, in the chance of an indoor meeting he wanted to look his best for her.