xi. when you shattered my soul

Liv sat on her partner-in-literal-crime's bed while he weaved a sewing needle into her flesh. She really should have taken Pogo up on his offer to sew it up, he was definitely more qualified than Five. Now it was probably going to get infected and require her entire foot to be chopped off.

What was worse was the fact that Five was arguing with her the entire time.

"It wouldn't have happened if you had decided to wear a more respectable pair of shoes."

"Respectable? Are Mary-Janes not respectful enough for you, Five? I would have worn other shoes except someone didn't tell me I would be running for my life."

Five handed her a bandage, moving on to access his own injuries. He placed a bandaid on a wound on his arm, refusing to use some water or alcohol to clean it up. "Well when you are running from a government agency, running is to be expected. It's in the name."

Liv shook her head, "I wouldn't exactly call our former employer a 'government agency'. More of a super-spy company."

"Potato, potato." Five shrugged on a new shirt and sweater vest, re-perfecting his uniform. "Look, are you ready to leave, yet?"

"Leave where? Where will we be going? I can't even walk properly, we won't get far."

"We have things to do, Livvy. Apocalypses to stop!"

"Are you positive that the plural version of apocalypse is 'apocalypses'? Not apocali?"

Five sighed, "Let's go."

Liv put on a bandage over her wound, tying it around both her foot and ankle. She put on one of Five's socks over the bandage and then put her foot back in her Mary Jane's. Too bad that no one in the household was a size four like she was.

Five zipped Dolores back into his green duffle bag and opened up the window. "Watch your step." He offered her his hand as she walked out onto the fire escape.

Liv looked down and could see Klaus rummaging through the large trash can, "Klaus, you do realize there is food inside, right?"

"Where are you two going?" Klaus asked as Liv put her feet down on the ground. She needed to hold onto the ladder to do so, normally an injury of her kind would require more than an hour of recovery time.

"I'd ask what you're up to, Klaus, but then it occurred to me...I don't care." Five made his way down to ground level just after she did.

"You know there are easier ways out of the house, buddy?"

"This one involved the least amount of talking. Or so I thought."

"Hey! Hey!" Klaus shouted, holding up a flask that definitely contained alcohol in it, "Need any more company today? I could, uh... clear my schedule."

Five looked up at him, "Looks like you've got your hands full."

"Oh this? No, no. I can do this whenever. I'm just-" suddenly Klaus fell back into the trash, "I just misplaced something. That's all." He rummaged around some more, appearing back to the surface with a torn in half bagel, "I found it! Thank god!"

Liv watched as he took a bite out of the bagel, gulping in pain, "That's how you contract the black death."

"I'm done funding your drug habit," Five said, turning and walking out of the alley. Liv stumbled behind him, trying to walk on a bad ankle.

"Maybe I just want to hang out with my brother and his girlfriend! Mi hermano! I love you guys! Even if you can't love yourselves!"

Five opened up a 24-Hour Emergency Service van's door, stealing the car when its owner wasn't paying attention. Liv hobbled over to the passenger seat, getting in the car as he turned the ignition on. Their car went speeding down the alley and onto the main streets.