i. and you left me no choice but to stay here forever

Liv fell out from the sky in a pit of blue energy. Much like Icarus, she had flown too close to the sun. Olivia Elsey had wanted everything she could get her hands on, it had been like that since she was small, and she wanted it all at once.

She wanted to serve the Commission to the best of her abilities. She wanted to not only be the best, but do the most. See the most. She wanted Five. Liv wanted to be his best friend, to help him with anything he needed. She wanted her family. She wanted more birthdays with them, more holidays, more of everything.

She landed in the middle of an alley, blue energy dazzling behind her. She turned to look up, expecting seven other people to fall to the ground just as she had, but nothing happened. No people came through. Not Five, not Klaus, not anyone.

It was light outside, the energy barely showing considering the blue background of the sky, but she could see as the energy dissipated into nothingness. If it was being glanced at from afar, one may assume it was just a reflection from the sun finally ending. But she knew better than that. It was Five leaving her in the middle of nowhere in an unknown time. Maybe he didn't forgive her as much as she thought.

A flash drew her attention to a building window. The man inside was clearly taking a picture of her in the small space between his window shades. The flash was relatively easy to see in the daylight, meaning that she was either in a pre-twenty-first century time or that the person taking her photo was an antiquities collector.

She approached the man's building and pulled down the ladder to his fire escape. She tried to climb as quietly as possible, so as to not alert him of her presence, but that goal was almost impossible considering how loud her Mary Jane's were. Upon reaching the level directly outside of his window, she leaned down and pulled her gun out of her blazer.

Liv pulled up the window, expecting some resistance at the very least, but there was none. What self-respected creep doesn't lock his windows? In a swift motion, she hopped into the apartment, holding her gun up as she walked around.

The first thing she noticed was the kitchen, the stove more specifically. It was definitely post 1950's. She started honing in on the details of the house, coming to the conclusion it had to be the 1960's. She had been to this time before, she knew the signs.

She turned the corner, walking into the living room, and finally came into contact with the man she had been searching for. His eyes widened after noticing the gun, his hands shot up as well. He had short brown hair and was wearing a button up plaid shirt. He had to have been around forty. Thirty seemed too young, fifty too old.

"I am a bit forgetful. You wouldn't mind helping me would you? I just have a few small questions."

He anxiously nodded a few times, "Y-Yes. Of course. Yeah, yeah."

Liv smiled, "Great. You will be so much help. What is today's date?"

"Uh-um-uh," He thought for a moment, as if he had suddenly forgotten. "Uh- it's. July 8th. The 8th of July. Uh- 1961." He nodded a few more times, attempting to assure her he was telling the truth.

"I'm going to put my gun back into my pocket, but I want you to know that it doesn't mean I won't shoot you in the head, alright?"

He nodded multiple times once more, "Of course, of course."

Liv placed her gun back into her blazer, patting it to let him know where it was. "Why did you take a picture of me?"

"I've-I've been. Well, well, for the past. The past few-uh-"

"Spit it out already."

"For the past year, energy has um-showed up in the sky. Blue energy. It appears, drops a person off, and disappears. You are the third person to show up. I've been investigating these events."