ix. you've got the same eyes as your father and the same kind of temper too

Liv slowly walked into the warehouse as Five began to question her. "Is it true? Did you- did you really go back to them?"

"I can explain, I promise."

"Then do it!"

The Handler leaned down to Five's ear, whispering, "I'll give you some time. You know where to find me." She walked out of the warehouse, Lila on her tail.

"It was- I was- I just-" she stuttered.

"Spit it out for Christ's sake!" Five yelled, causing Liv to flinch back. "You are a hypocrite and you know it!"

"Look, I am sorry, very very sorry. I just- I was alone for a year. You weren't here, I couldn't- I couldn't be alone again."

"I was alone for forty-five years, Liv. Forty-five years away from my family. You have never even been alone. You had friends at the Commission, you had Elliott here. You don't know what it's like to be alone."

"I know, I know, Five. I'm sorry, okay? I'm sorry."

"No you aren't," Five argued, "You are just sorry that you got caught. Were you even going to tell me?"

"I came here to, I did. I wanted to tell you. I just- I didn't know how." Tears were openly streaming down her cheeks, watching as Five tore her apart.

"You say 'Hey Five. I went back to the evil company that we both left after going there and coming back.' It's that simple."

"I didn't want you to be mad at me like you are now," Liv explained.

"I'm not mad about you going back to the Commission. I get it. You have more ties to the people there than you have to my family, it's fine, it's okay. I've been here for days, days, Liv. And you let me find out from the goddamn Handler."

"I know. I'm sorry."

"You know what? It's fine. Go enjoy the rest of your life, I couldn't care less." Five started to walk out of the warehouse, never turning back to look at her again.

Liv called after him, desperate, "I-I, the Swedes are after you! I ran into them in the woods!"

He teleported away without a second thought.

***

Liv had walked the entire way back to Elliott's apartment. She had cried all the way home, just thinking about how her 'conversation' with Five had gone. To say he was pissed was an understatement by far. She had expected him to be a bit angry, but she had not expected him to 'banish' her from their mission.

It was 'their' mission. Not his, theirs. Five may have been the one to get her to sign on, but she was the one who made sure that he kept his head on right. They were partners and partners weren't allowed to quit on each other.

Liv made the grand, and somewhat idiotic decision, to forgoe Five's words and help the Hagreeves family anyway. She had found a piece of parchment on Elliott's living room table, a letter inviting her to dinner.

To my Pursuers:

I, Reginald Hargreeves, request the pleasure of your company for a light supper on the 20th of November, 1963, at half past seven o'clock.

1624 Magnolia Street, Dallas, Texas

As the letter was not addressed to anyone specific, she naturally inferred that it was to her. Five could not blame her for that.

The address had led her to the Southland Life meeting building. The parking lot which she stood in was illuminated by big blue letters displaying the building name. Liv was unaware of the time, having forgotten to wear a watch, but she assumed she was right on time.